the PVC manifold didn't go so well so now I'm making one from copper plumbing parts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very interesting because I plan on doing this to mine thank you for all your hard work you're doing a good job I appreciate it and I'm sure everybody else does because as soon as I tried to do this I will be asking a lot of questions thank you I appreciate all of your hard work it's nice to see people having good skills and knowledge thank you keep going you are so close and it's nice to know that there's people out there to help you set up the carb once you've got it going great job I can't wait to start my project it's getting cold here and I'm getting old so maybe next summer

Whoops I think I posted on the wrong one I'm sorry forgive me I'm still learning how to do this this is trying to go on the single carb build I'll figure this website out and I'm using a phone so I hit the wrong buttons all the time sorry but thank all you guys very interesting reads on a lot of stuff thank you

I am kinda new to this site but not new to goldwings, I too am building a single solex wing and if I may I see a problem with the carbs not getting enough aif flow especially at the higher RPM ranges. I considered a pvc manifold but I built mine from a piece of square steel tubing instead. I was worried as to how the pvc would react with the gasoline over time.
My manifold is done other than mounting a cable bracket so I can use the throttle grip.
I am having a problem with my 34 pict 3 carb in that it runs good but will not idle at all. I think its all in the throttle plate adjustments.
Good luck with the build and please keep us informed as to your progress.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=203327#p203327:3hk0kkzr said:
leggman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:42 pm[/url]":3hk0kkzr]
I am kinda new to this site but not new to goldwings, I too am building a single solex wing and if I may I see a problem with the carbs not getting enough aif flow especially at the higher RPM ranges. I considered a pvc manifold but I built mine from a piece of square steel tubing instead. I was worried as to how the pvc would react with the gasoline over time.
My manifold is done other than mounting a cable bracket so I can use the throttle grip.
I am having a problem with my 34 pict 3 carb in that it runs good but will not idle at all. I think its all in the throttle plate adjustments.
Good luck with the build and please keep us informed as to your progress.
Actually this post is very old. Your Solex very likely needs rejetted and a few adjustments. Post some pictures of your manifold if you would. We like to see the various builds. :thanks:

Latest posts