There and back...The best vacation of my life

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yahoo: :yahoo: Congratulations Father and Mother, The God of all creation Bless you. GEO. :grin: :grin:

I'm coming late to this story, but having done some touring by bicycle, I certainly have an appreciation for the trials and tribulations such travel can bring about. In the end, it's all well worth it as your story is testament to.

I chuckled a little bit as my son and I rode some of the same roads you did. We rode through Hells Canyon and I'm certain we shared other roads through there. In fact, we overnighted in Oxbow and watched them fight a fire in the mountains by scooping up water from the Snake River and using it to douse the fire.

Thanks again for sharing your trip, I absolutely loved it! Also congrats with your daughter, they are precious!

Mark

I just read from start to finish! Very nice, Makes me want to pack up the bike and get of of DODGE for a while!

awsum post..nice bike...kool story.. :music: :beer: :moped: ..I,went to little Sturgis.last year...have a good one...

Attachments

• 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 148
Wow, the response to this post is quite impressive. When I posted this ride report I figured only a few people would read it right after I posted it and it would be forever lost after that.

I figure I am long overdue for an update since it has been 3 years since I took this journey and I still think about it fondly and often.

I sadly had to sell my prescious wing last year due to circumstances beyond my control, but it is still alive and well riding around Whidbey Island. I saw it about two weeks ago when the weather was nice, it still has the Cadillac emblem on it. I have not taken another long cycle trip since this one and I have REALLY been itching too lately. I figure these things NEED to be done at least once a year, and I am long overdue.

Since I no longer have my Wing as my steed to journey America, I am at a bit of a disadvantage; but I was given (repeat GIVEN) a '98 Suzuki Intruder 1400 that was in minor disrepair and that will likley be the scooter that takes me on my next great adventure sometime next year. I will not be without a goldwing with me however, as my Dad (after being inspired by my venture into madness with my Goldwing) got an '86 GL1200 LTD in nearly perfect condition that he has been riding around town for over a year now getting ready for a similar trip and I am looking to go with him. Safety in number and all that... plus a road trip without a wing would just seem wrong.

As for my last update, my Daughter is doing fantastic after her stay at the NICU and is developing normally. She's infatuated by motorcycles (she calls them "Daddy's go-go's) and got to take her first ride on one last November at my Dad's house. It was not lost to me that the first bike she rode on was the same mini-bike I rode on as an infant.

Thank you all for your kind words and the continued reminder of my awesome road trip. I still lurk this site fairly often reading all the useful tid-bits on info that come out of this awesome forum.