Think I reccomended 20W fork oil

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I had played around with oil weghts and ATF in my CBF till I found for me a perfect ride which was Bel Ray 10W.... I think I have been reccomending 20W bel ray, I did try 20 it and it was too stiff.
I need to stop reciting from memory. I do have 10W bel ray in my GL and it is sweet.

I just redid the forks on my 1100. Bought some 20W oil and was ready to put that in there until I drained out the old stuff. I liked the ride I had so when I saw it was ATF and also found that I had progressive springs in the forks, I went with the ATF instead: I don't want to mess with what I had.

For ahwile I was involved with CBF`s that also use or reccomend ATF and with much testing it was concluded 10W bel ray was the best ride for that bike, better then ATF, at least with the TRAC front end ...I still had a quart in my shed I used on the `80 and seemed just as right as far as the ride.
I`m sort of a purist in this regard, I like the fluid in my forks to be meant for forks.