What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mounted the cut-down windshield after work yesterday. It's not finished...the edges are still a bit rough. I wasn't going to spend a bunch of time on it until I'm sure I like it and want to use it. I only had time for a quick spin around the neighborhood but I think I'm going to like this for the hot summer weather....I could feel wind on my face and chest. Unfortunately, we're in a spell of very wet weather so it might be awhile before I get to test it at speed on the highway. (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)

Attachments

• web.mail.comcast.net.jpg
    web.mail.comcast.net.jpg
    149.4 KB
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151944#p151944:6p2pepaj said:
bib » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:13 am[/url]":6p2pepaj]
I mounted the cut-down windshield after work yesterday. It's not finished...the edges are still a bit rough. I wasn't going to spend a bunch of time on it until I'm sure I like it and want to use it. I only had time for a quick spin around the neighborhood but I think I'm going to like this for the hot summer weather....I could feel wind on my face and chest. Unfortunately, we're in a spell of very wet weather so it might be awhile before I get to test it at speed on the highway. (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)
file.php
Looks good, I would like to find a cheap windshield and do that too.

The shield that was on the bike when I got it had scratches and was "crazed" a bit. A buddy gave me one that had some scratches but was better overall...I wet sanded it and polished it out and it turned out pretty good. I took the old one and placed it on the fairing, put the good one against it and slid it down until it fit between the mirrors and outlined it with a sharpie. At the bottom, by the fairing trim I freehanded the curves to go out all the way to the edge, then cut it out with a fine blade on a jigsaw. I was thinking after I get all finished I might take it and get it tinted...there's a ton of detail shops around here and maybe they even have a leftover piece big enough to cover it....

Went to a close-out sale after their auction ended. Truthfully to check out their building because our church intends to rent it. Discovered a bunch of unsold GoldWing parts. Paid $30 for a box worth over $300 of primarily NOS Honda parts plus brake rebuild parts, pads, an LED digital flasher, bolts, etc.

Some were 1100 or 1500 specific (plus a VL thermostat) that I'll probably ebay or list here real cheap. Kind of wish I'd made an offer on the entire lot he had. He apparently had bought out East Tennessee GoldWing's inventory when they closed.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151965#p151965:bla32dkd said:
pidjones » Today, 2:08 pm[/url]":bla32dkd]
Went to a close-out sale after their auction ended. Truthfully to check out their building because our church intends to rent it. Discovered a bunch of unsold GoldWing parts. Paid $30 for a box worth over $300 of primarily NOS Honda parts plus brake rebuild parts, pads, an LED digital flasher, bolts, etc.

Some were 1100 or 1500 specific (plus a VL thermostat) that I'll probably ebay or list here real cheap. Kind of wish I'd made an offer on the entire lot he had. He apparently had bought out East Tennessee GoldWing's inventory when they closed.
Nice, 10 cents on the dollar!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151965#p151965:8xffae5q said:
pidjones » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:08 pm[/url]":8xffae5q]

Nice!!..I have dreams of such finds.

the 1500 wing and I are still drying out from Saturdays ride. my boots are still soaked and my vest and pants ( the pants were waterproof but not anymore ) damp. started out on the lake huron IBA ride Saturday morning in the rain. made it to London, on. and started going north but decided it would be best to head home as wet as I was. once home it took several hours to get warmed up, didn't realize I was that cold

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152100#p152100:3tk9rtl6 said:
joedrum » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:24 am[/url]":3tk9rtl6]
oops so much for plans
spoke to my friend name glenn, he wants to get a lake huron IBA cert so we are going to come up with a date to do the ride. he couldn't make the first ride and I couldn't finish it. it has bee time to get new boots so I'm going to go look at some this weekend and I've already ordered some new tourmaster pants with the zip out waterproof liner size 38 / 40 tall. the normal inseam is 33 inches and the tall inseam are 35 inches. I don't want that 33 inch inseam riding up over the top of my boots so I get a tall if its avalable

Waterproof liners allow the gear to get thoroughly soaked, which can add a lot of weight and must get dried out (also helps embed road grime in the mesh). I went with Frogg Toggs last year and have been amazed at how well they work and hold up. Throw them on over your gear and although they breath to keep from becoming a sauna, they will hold in heat in cool wet weather.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

The more you pay for the Frogg Toggs, the better they are. I have had a set of the base-line and a set of the Road Toad's and the boots to go with them... I will not buy the base-line Frogg Toggs again for riding gear.

Getting the 1200 ready for new tires. Pulled both wheels off last night so they can go to the local auto/bike shop for changing the tires. I'll play with the 1100's but I just do not want to mar the wheels for the 1200 with the tire irons. :Awe:

Working on Poor Boy Conversion. This evening I got the radiator installed (interesting to do by myself, especially hooking up the upper hose). Made all of the connections and covered them. Pushed it out of the garage...put the key in...turned...nothing, no lights, no nothing. In all of my excitement as I neared the end, I forgot to check the battery. On the charger overnight. Note to self.....

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152283#p152283:35fmau5x said:
mark4Jesus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:36 pm[/url]":35fmau5x]
Working on Poor Boy Conversion. This evening I got the radiator installed (interesting to do by myself, especially hooking up the upper hose). Made all of the connections and covered them. Pushed it out of the garage...put the key in...turned...nothing, no lights, no nothing. In all of my excitement as I neared the end, I forgot to check the battery. On the charger overnight. Note to self.....
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :BigGrin: We all make mistrakes! :thanks:

Been pulling my trailer all over the southern eastern seaboard from Florida to North Carolina today! After changing the antifreeze 2 days ago, the bike is running like a champ! :yes: :clapping: :moped:

Poor Boy continues: Installed new battery and fired her up. Alternator kicks in at about 1100 rpm +/-, and charges at a steady 14.3v. Everything nice and smooth until...when the engine heated up the fan started contacting the shroud. When engine was cold there was no contact. The fan blade was contacting the shroud at the 1 o'clock area. I tried to push it up and the contact moved to 11 o'clock! Hoping to be able to move it out of the way so I don't have to pull the radiator again. Other than that, everything runs smooth and clearances for the alternator belt and pulley are good.

I am going to ask on the maintenance forum for ideas to fix the fan contact. And, I had to take a couple of pics of the alternator working!

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    125.6 KB
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    116.2 KB

Latest posts