What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the auto parts stores are getting farther and farther from home, I rode the 1500 wing a total of 64 miles to go get some oil for the mighty ST 1300 this morning. about 13:00 I took off on the ST 1100 and went and got some spare keys made. about 15: 00 I took off on the mighty ST 1300 and rode to the dealer to get an oil filter

Weekend project: paint and reassemble the rear third of my bike. Get it much closer to legal condition.
The setting sun makes it look kinda orange, but it's a nice brown.

Attachments

• adirty.jpg
    adirty.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 158
  • aclean.jpg
    aclean.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 150
  • adone.jpg
    adone.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 153
Now I can't take it out in public until I paint the front wheel too or it will just look silly. I should probably have a look at the brake cylinders while I'm there..... darn. Am I ever gonna get to ride this thing?

But I've really wanted to get on replacing the fairing so I can get the mirrors and trim back on. I'm dying to see how that looks in the black & brown scheme. And now that I can get the engine hot I can adjust the valves, paint the covers, and get the crash bars back on. So much to do!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174866#p174866:1p5ffmbp said:
tom foreman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:21 am[/url]":1p5ffmbp]
Got both whitewall tireson the comstar,for now.the 83 powder coated rims. Will be on in a couple of months.
file.php
They look great Tom :good:

I started looking for a way to mount the Vetter bags to a set of Interstate rear crash guards to take advantage of a trailer hitch for the 84... only to find that the right side guard was bent and cracked when the PO's test rider put it in the ditch.

Have it straightened and welded and reinforced. Could even have the Vetter attachment points welded in position for easy on off.

After looking closely at it, the part that protects the bag the most is pushed back about an inch, so it is easier to buy a new one on ebay. Some are being given away. I think when I am done, it will be a combination of both mounts.

Finally removed the fuel tank again so that I could run the BadBoy horn wires in the frame saddles instead of where I moused it through the gaps. I also thought it would be a good time to chase the gas smells coming from Val. Hopefully I have been successful!

rode with the harley sporters i helped get going ...thing ran great nice bike....but hooch just really had it way with it....fun time as it always is when bike project goes full circle ....joe did nice job on the rehab of the 82 iron head ...ran great