What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled the radiator and had to trim the fan blades back a bit. Put everything back together and occasionally tried the fan as the bike heated up at idle. I have a bypass switch. Got up to 5 bars with no rubbing and cooled back down to 4 in the normal time. Whew! Now to modify the fairing.

Went for a bit of a ride yesterday, 250+ to check mileage for any real difference with new fuel pump, :read: as had been running it a little harder than normal. 133 miles of mostly 2 lane blacktop, aprox 100 to 33 highway,= 43.33, coming home 116.2, 100 miles interstate @ 80-85,= 36, about the same as before, maybe a touch better. :yes: Will check the others, but don't expect any thing to worry about with this early check up. :yahoo: Remember what a friends dad used to say, runs like a scalded dog. :hihihi:

I missed out on a big festival that bikes get in for free at. Normally $150. And the road to it (hwy 70 between chico and quincy) is one of the greatest roads to ride on! I know about 10 other riders that went and got if free. Oh well there is always next year.

Seriously though, if you are ever in the Chico area message me and I will take you on some of the best mountain roads you have ever ridden. I cannot wait to take Aretha out on those twisties!

this was going to be a ride report with pic's. I've emailed myself the pic's twice but I still don't have all the pic's. got out about 7:30 this morning on the 1500 wing and got a few miles from home and realized I didn't have my phone so back home to get it. then I made my way to Toledo, oh. to find a way to bypass the big bridge on I-280 if need be

Poor Boy complete! I am on the road again! Took it for a test ride this evening...oh how sweet it is! Only thing that I have to figure out is fitting the plastic that goes along the bottom of the radiator, it has shrunk. From the looks of it, I will need to trim the bottom of the lower fairing where they attach to the lower radiator mount.
I also bought a Vega mesh jacket and wore it on the test ride. I really like it. Good air flow though it.

The wife and I are going to Niagara Falls later this month for our anniversary and I talked her into taking the 1200. I had to buy a back rest/sissy bar for her. It seems she needed doesn't feel as safe on the 1200 as she does on the 1100 because she doesn't have anything to lean against and keep her from falling off when she falls asleep.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the darn thing on so that I can take it off easily when she isn't back there!

[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=152839#p152839:2glgr4j5 said:
brianinpa » 42 minutes ago[/url]":2glgr4j5]
The wife and I are going to Niagara Falls later this month for our anniversary and I talked her into taking the 1200. I had to buy a back rest/sissy bar for her. It seems she needed doesn't feel as safe on the 1200 as she does on the 1100 because she doesn't have anything to lean against and keep her from falling off when she falls asleep.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the darn thing on so that I can take it off easily when she isn't back there!

I've got to find some armrests for the wife. Only thing that bothers me is getting hung up on them when I swing my leg over to get on and off.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152846#p152846:24s2kf9w said:
mark4Jesus » 7 minutes ago[/url]":24s2kf9w]
[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=152839#p152839:24s2kf9w said:
brianinpa » 42 minutes ago[/url]":24s2kf9w]

I've got to find some armrests for the wife. Only thing that bothers me is getting hung up on them when I swing my leg over to get on and off.
Me too. It's one reason I opted out having one.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152846#p152846:13obolbv said:
mark4Jesus » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 am[/url]":13obolbv]
[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=152839#p152839:13obolbv said:
brianinpa » 42 minutes ago[/url]":13obolbv]

If I gave her armrests, I wouldn't have any kind of conversation while she was behind me... wait, is that a bad thing! :shock: :smilie_happy:

When getting on my 1100 with the back rest, I have gotten accustomed to it being there and just throw a leg up and scoot/slide over. First few times weren't too graceful, but now it looks like I know what I am doing.

[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=152985#p152985:2s7mlzyb said:
detdrbuzzard » 2 minutes ago[/url]":2s7mlzyb]
seem we are back in monsoon season so I made sure the covers are on the wings

Bummer! We have finally had some dry days here. Been riding today. Even in the heat it feels so good! Haven't ridden since the stator bit the dust in December.

I finished up with the water pump installation today. Got it all buttoned up and put about 25 miles on it before the rain chased me home......all is well. No leaks and the bike actually sounds better..the bearing was shot on the old one. Then I got the bags and racks off and pulled the rear wheel so I can get my new tire mounted tomorrow. LOTS of cleaning to do on the racks before I put it back together. The rear wheel and pipes will get a good cleaning as well.

Snapped my clutch cable today, now to order a net one. [emoji25] Off all week and no bike to ride in this gorgeous sunny weather. [emoji35]

OLD BIKER TRICK, have a new cable's ran beside clutch & throttle cable's with ends covered to keep clean, or a set in saddle bags. Cables used to break a lot more often, & were kept on hand so you could get home, or at least a usable used set. Sorry about your situation, any bike shops make or repair cables in your area???