what did you do today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214267#p214267:2jpgihja said:
FlipFlop » 12 minutes ago[/url]":2jpgihja]
Next year plan on building a 50x25 garage with parking for my fleet of vehicle, the initial stuff I will be doing is by hand... Do not look forward to that chore... I hope you legs, feet and hands recover quickly!

I'm not joking when I say to buy a used front end loader. Or at least rent one.

Put the charger on her tonite, gonna move her to the back of the garage this weekend and get the Sled put up front for the winter suppose to get 4"-6" by sometime tomorrow , guess I should put the plow on the John Deere too.

Moved enough stuff around to get the bike trailer inside to make the lights work, bought a hitch ball to fit said trailer on my new used truck, and googled the address of where to pick up the vintage honda I agreed to buy tomorrow.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214302#p214302:1wx8oghr said:
kerryb » Yesterday, 10:23 pm[/url]":1wx8oghr]
... and googled the address of where to pick up the vintage honda I agreed to buy tomorrow.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214307#p214307:1sorpu7g said:
D-50Dave » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:35 am[/url]":1sorpu7g]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214302#p214302:1sorpu7g said:
kerryb » Yesterday, 10:23 pm[/url]":1sorpu7g]
... and googled the address of where to pick up the vintage honda I agreed to buy tomorrow.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

It was listed as a '79, but honda didn't make them after '78. The pictures look like a '78, with some aftermarket parts. I haven't actually seen it yet, and we reached an agreement by only texting (so the price must have been attractive), and I've waited five days to go see/get it..... Needles to say I'm apprehensive, excited, worried, and hopeful all at the same time. Fortunately it is only 8 miles away so if I come home empty-handed because it was mis-represented, then at least the trailer is now ready for the next opportunity.
Stay tuned, news and photos at 11:00
p.s. the last bike came home in a snowstorm from 50 miles away, and that one worked out fine!

seeing that the weather guesser is saying that we might get up to 2" of the white stuff I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of the 46F temp and get the white stuff removers started. after getting mine started I went and got my neighbors started before having some fun on the Mighty CT 70

Attachments

• 20191110_135237.jpg
    20191110_135237.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20191110_120613.jpg
    20191110_120613.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20191110_110841.jpg
    20191110_110841.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 95
Was walking into my house for a break from working on the patio and I heard a huge explosion. Couldn't figure out what it was. Sounded like a close neighbor was playing with a homemade bomb or fired a shotgun. Or it was a gas explosion, but nothing I'm doing is near a gas line. Looked for smoke but saw none. Even checked the garage to see if something horrible happened there. Probably spent a quarter hour trying to figure out what happened.

Then I went to move the wheelbarrow and discovered that the tire blew out. Destroyed both the tire and tube. I was standing about 10 feet away with the storm door open, in a perfect situation to concentrate the sound.

Compacted the fill I had, and called it a day. Now it is snowing. :(

On the plus side, it's too cold to work until Wednesday, and the new tire should come Tuesday. And while in the garage I glanced at the Battery Tender for the Goldwing and it's nice and green. Grabbed the heat gun as well, since I'm in an old house and it's time for the yearly ritual of putting plastic on the windows.

Glad you weren't injured in the explosion!

So here it is...the newcomer, a 1978 cb550k. seems to have good compression, and may have a working electrical system. It took awhile for the lights to start working after turning the ignition switch back and forth a few times. I'm stoked, the price was great, the condition seems good, and most of the stock parts are there...this should be fun!

Attachments

• IMG_5092small.jpg
    IMG_5092small.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 85
Speaking of SOHC vintage Hondas, I was poking around with my 78 750F today. Sold the 400T, and am into this 78 Super Sport and the 74K for free with money left over. (of course that will change quickly…) Going to start acquiring a few bits. Got to finish the Kawasaki first, but these Hondas are calling my name…

FF5498A8-AE02-41F6-8942-FCF6D7D85E05.jpeg

678A708B-96D0-4307-86E1-76D8D0AB354F.jpeg

It’s going to be a handful, but great bones - and the last of a legend!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214318#p214318:d58rj5cd said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 pm[/url]":d58rj5cd]
wish I had room for a CB 550, looks to be a '75

Looks can be deceiving, it is a '78 (I think the carbs give it away, pd46c) I look for the gas cap door which began in '77.
So I was playing with the electrical to see what worked. The PO had installed a kill switch on the battery due to a key-off battery drain. Found a short to ground on the rear blinker, so I disconnected the rear blinkers, then hooked up the battery to run some tests. With all the fuses out, there is still a greater than 10 amp draw on the battery, so I need to dive deeper for a cause. Probably will be obvious when I find it!
Then to my horror, I had hooked up the battery backwards, stupid, mistake...I wonder component I fried that was working before I killed it, maybe voltage regulator or rectifier. On second thought, the volt reg is a coil buzz-box so that should be okay, and the rectifier would only be in play with the engine running ( it wasn't) so maybe I didn't break anything after all. Wish me luck, electrical can be so tedious, but I've got a good magnifying glass! ( to read the diagragm)

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214321#p214321:3p4wj899 said:
desertrefugee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:23 pm[/url]":3p4wj899]
Speaking of SOHC vintage Hondas, I was poking around with my 78 750F today. Sold the 400T, and am into this 78 Super Sport and the 74K for free with money left over. (of course that will change quickly…) Going to start acquiring a few bits. Got to finish the Kawasaki first, but these Hondas are calling my name.

That will be a nice project, I still have a "k" to finish someday. Be real careful with that "f" gas tank, those are hard to come by these days!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214333#p214333:2ln8nhxk said:
FlipFlop » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:57 am[/url]":2ln8nhxk]
Picked this up yesterday, getting tires on it today hoping to throw it on an alignment machine today too. 1997 740iL 4.4 V8
image.php
Nice!!

yesterday I was out enjoying the 46f temps on the Mighty CT 70 and today maybe 32f and six inches of very wet very heavy snow. had a hard time even using the snowblower with my bad foot

Attachments

• 20191111_180106.jpg
    20191111_180106.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 109
Put up 4 new LED shop lights in the garage. Walked around the Fiero and wondered what the salvage yard would give me for it. Wrote "piece of junk" in the dust on the hood with my finger, but left it in the garage for another day.

Played golf yesterday and won a few bucks. Today, I had to sweep snow off the car and the truck. Mother Nature is totally wacko!!