what did you do today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213816#p213816:sfgjq5st said:
desertrefugee » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:34 pm[/url]":sfgjq5st]
I think you’re cracking up, William.

Truth be told, that’s a good thing. Do what floats your boat. To heck with what anybody else thinks.

( I still think you’re cracking up. )
you might be right :)

installed the new seat and mirror mounts on the Mighty CT 70 today

Attachments

• 20191017_144802.jpg
    20191017_144802.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191017_144806.jpg
    20191017_144806.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 90
  • 20191017_142140.jpg
    20191017_142140.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20191017_142854.jpg
    20191017_142854.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20191017_142911.jpg
    20191017_142911.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 89
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213778#p213778:1om0w7g0 said:
detdrbuzzard » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:58 am[/url]":1om0w7g0]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213777#p213777:1om0w7g0 said:
desertrefugee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:39 pm[/url]":1om0w7g0]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213772#p213772:1om0w7g0 said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:50 am[/url]":1om0w7g0]
out for a little morning fun on the Mighty CT 70

:smilie_happy:

I love it! I would pay good money to have a photo of you astride that machine at speed, hunkered down - a man who means business…

Live it up, William. We are here for a short time. You are one who makes the most of that time. Good on you!
evening fun on the Mighty CT 70
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php
:good: :salute:

Not MC related, but - blew and shredded leaves and hauled them off for the 2nd time. Probably only four more times this fall. Took the mower deck off the John Deere 345 garden tractor and mounted the front blade. Hopefully this acts as insurance against that white precip like it did last winter! But first, I finished the heat sinks and mounts for TFI module experiment on the '79. Now to do the wiring.

Also not motorcycle related, but rebuilt the wheelbarrow again, with the "heavy duty" handles.

Quite disappointed with the average handles, since I broke them without much dirt in the wheelbarrow.

Maybe the heavy duty handles will work. Got more of the patio dug out. This is quite a job for 200 square feet. Almost to the point where I'm leveling it out roughly, then I'll remove another 9" of soil for the base layer and bedding sand.

Spent the morning making the wiring harness for TFI modules on the '79. Then noticed a little liquid by the left head water fitting. Drained coolant down below it and pulled it apart - no gasket! A PO had globbed the flange and both o-rings with silicone sealant! Cleaned that crap off, installed new o-rings with silicone grease to let them seat, and made a new gasket Joe Drum style from a cardboard box.

This afternoon, I rolled her out of the garage and started her up wired for normal ignition, then shut her down, swapped connectors under the shelter, unplugged the condensers, and fired her up on the TFIs! Thought timing was off, so prepared to set timing but couldn't get her to stay running. Then realized she was out of gas! I had pumped the tank so it wouldn't be leaking out the faulty petcock (parts due tomorrow). Pushed her back into the garage to await petcock repair. Very encouraged that she fired right up on the TFIs.

Loaded the Hunley for a show in Stearns, KY tomorrow.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213852#p213852:75jjep2f said:
joedrum » Yesterday, 5:10 am[/url]":75jjep2f]
Hmmm sounds like you are more man than wheel barrel ....

I'd like to claim that, but I'm pushing this wheelbarrow up a 5' hill - I'm only loading it level with the brim, if that.

Doesn't seem like a task that would require heavy duty handles.

But dug down further today. Still haven't found the garage power cable. If I'm lucky, it is following NEC guidelines, which means 18" down for ridged pipe, or 24" down for direct burial. I can work with either, but 18" means I may be reburying it in the base layer.

Did take two breaks today and got the Goldwing out. First to get some stakes to help leveling, second to just take a nice ride through the city at night. Almost dropped the bike on the second ride - stopped at an intersection and a leaf must have been under my foot. Twas a close one.

I got the Mighty CT 70 loaded in the tintop this morning then headed to mom's. my plan was to ride over to a few of the parks along the Detroit river on her side of town. after visiting mom I unloaded the bike so I could get a pic with her Halloween decorations and as I parked the bike I realized that I left my key at home

Attachments

• 20191020_113214.jpg
    20191020_113214.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 168
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213894#p213894:3gijpri7 said:
detdrbuzzard » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 am[/url]":3gijpri7]
I got the Mighty CT 70 loaded in the tintop this morning then headed to mom's. my plan was to ride over to a few of the parks along the Detroit river on her side of town. after visiting mom I unloaded the bike so I could get a pic with her Halloween decorations and as I parked the bike I realized that I left my key at home
file.php
:doh: :hihihi:

after visiting mom I unloaded the bike so I could get a pic with her Halloween decorations and as I parked the bike I realized that I left my key at home...

:Awe: :oops: :doh: :rant: :sensored: :Doh2: :head bang:

I've had things like that happen... fortunately, nobody got hurt...

...but I kicked myself hard enough that I SHOULD have... :smilie_happy:

Did I mention that my GN400 'truck bike' doesn't have a key? There's a reason, and I've never had that happen to me with it SINCE... :mischief:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213965#p213965:25b9rg8e said:
joedrum » Today, 1:12 am[/url]":25b9rg8e]
Wow that’s some good work ...

Thanks. Sooner or later I'm going to have a rebuilt patio, and one that drains away from the house instead of pooling water near the house.

I spent the last two weeks getting this ready for the Halloween parade on 26 Oct. I was going to pull a teardrop camper with the trike, but my one of granddaughters wanted to show off her Fiero, so she repainted the camper to match her car. It has a manual transmission, so I was the designated driver. I had to slip the clutch for 2 miles to keep the speed down. Not a real problem, but I almost needed a cherry picker to help me get out of the car at the end of the parade.

Attachments

• Car Interior.jpg
    Car Interior.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Parade Entry.jpg
    Parade Entry.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 104
LOL ONE OF MY FAVORITE CARS ....what a adult go cart ...they stick like glue till they don’t ...then the rear end can pass you as you have the heaviest part of the car completely out of control ..I had one go air borne once over a hill in Indiana ..motor tach out and threw a rod IVE HAD LIKE FOUR OF THEM

Latest posts