Your Best Goldwing Customization

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freedom

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What's been your best Goldwing customization?

Removed the Vetter faring and installed a Plexi-Faring III windshield with an extender that stopped helmet buffeting at highway speeds. Then, added a trailer hitch and a cargo trailer. With all of my camping gear in the trailer, it allowed me to go much longer distances safely with my gear plus stopping to camp at some of the best places along the way! Sure beats the way I used to do it!
CGW_Midwest_Meet_2013 039.jpg

KOA 001.jpg
Florida Trip 010.jpg
Florida Trip 050.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!! Wonderful. Thanks for your reply and posting those nice pics too...

I replaced the rear side-saddle-bag reflectors with identical size/shape signal lights, and square lighted parking lights on the front Factory Fairing in place of the original amber reflectors. Did this modification on my 81 GL1100 and also my 82 GL500 Interstate. Not that cagers notice signal lights. let alone a whole bike in front of them, but I wanted to upgrade my visibility without altering the OE appearance of the bikes.

Removed the Vetter faring and installed a Plexi-Faring III windshield with an extender that stopped helmet buffeting at highway speeds. Then, added a trailer hitch and a cargo trailer. With all of my camping gear in the trailer, it allowed me to go much longer distances safely with my gear plus stopping to camp at some of the best places along the way! Sure beats the way I used to do it!
View attachment 47726
View attachment 47723View attachment 47724View attachment 47725
Hi,
Where did you get that canopy you have your bike and trailer parked under is that at your house?

Thank you

That canopy was a carport at my friends house in Florida. II believe he said he just built it with pipe from a home supply store and then put a heavy duty tarp on it. The tarp was held on with small bungee cords.

View attachment 47726
View attachment 47723View attachment 47724View attachment 47725
I've got a similar windshield deflector on my Goldwing. Makes a world of difference at highway speeds.
IMG_5332.JPG

single carb and body style mods. 76 wing with 78 wheels and forks and calipers.
Is that a long-lost Pichler fairing? I don't think I recognize the side-body panels, although I believe Pichler made some of those too, maybe. Never seen any of this on a Wing, with a "stinger", no less!

My best "customization" so far was rebuilding a wreck, cutting down the stock windshield so I could see over it, raising the bars, and building a custom trailer to pull with it. It became known as the "camp bike". I got a lot of satisfaction out of pulling that one off.

Attachments

• IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 83
Is that a long-lost Pichler fairing? I don't think I recognize the side-body panels, although I believe Pichler made some of those too, maybe. Never seen any of this on a Wing, with a "stinger", no less!
upper half of fairing is from mid 80's ninja and lower half I had to widen and form around the cam covers. side panels I just glassed the tank and panel together as 1 piece. used a shoebox as form to glass the under seat panel that covers the rear fender for looks. mufflers are stock harley sportster connected to stock wing headers. single carb with 1 inch intake pipes with bathroom handicap stainless grab rail covers to look nicer. Can't say I have seen the fairing you mentioned but would like to. I'll try google and see what comes up.