1976 Engine Rebuild

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167725#p167725:1a3gf0sl said:
bronko37 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:04 am[/url]":1a3gf0sl]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167722#p167722:1a3gf0sl said:
joedrum » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:14 am[/url]":1a3gf0sl]
to bad the vid didnt show some action parts but ...looks to be very good work bronko great job

I wish I could do that too Joe. I am working on getting a camera and tri-pod set up. Right now I'm doing it all with my phone so hands are required. It really did go together pretty smoothly tho.
Even BigLots sells those "selfie sticks". You can C clamp one some where to hold the phone. A step on a ladder would do.

I never put sealant on the motor, :nea: only on cover's. :ahem: Grease on the motor side of gasket, so cover comes off easy with no issues, can be reused many times. :yes: Learned this on my Triumph, :roll: as the covers had to come off to adjust things, way more often than on any other bike i ever owned. :hihihi:

Great tip Denver. I am usually the same way. I only put it on these covers as I hope to never need to remove them again. I'll leave the transmission cover like you said.

Agreed; Great job on the motor work, the videos should prove to be helpful in the future to others, nice work.

Time for a bit of polishing. Cant make it too perfect, or the whole bike will need restoration.

Attachments

• IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 222
Can't agree more , :yes: still way past what your likely to see on any of mine, :headscratch: unless when their first purchased! :smilie_happy:

I need to do a much more technical video on setting the valves...I think that job confuses some folks.

I also hear about these Napa timing belts all the time. T-24 or sumfin or other. Specs would be great. Someone knows it off the top of their head on this forum I'll guarantee you that... :salute:

:thanks:

Bronko I want to say thank you for the videos. I have been looking at the idea of buying a gl1000 motor on ebay and rebuilding it and the videos are making me more interested in the idea.... no I am not in need of the motor just wanting to do it for the fun of it ... well that and I do know where 2 gl1000 bikes are sitting and both need a motor but talking the wife into that would be a challenge putting it mildly

Mysteryrider":1ue08kjv said:
Bronko I want to say thank you for the videos. I have been looking at the idea of buying a gl1000 motor on ebay and rebuilding it and the videos are making me more interested in the idea.... no I am not in need of the motor just wanting to do it for the fun of it ... well that and I do know where 2 gl1000 bikes are sitting and both need a motor but talking the wife into that would be a challenge putting it mildly
And if you had a running motor with no home, well....[emoji5]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mystery rider.

If you are handy with a wrench, can mark parts so they go back together the same way, and can take some basic measurements using basic precision measuring tools; then you know how to do everything that needs to be done. These machines are deceptively simple. We will see if I get it right but so far I have not come across any magic smoke.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168110#p168110:h5cnebxc said:
bronko37 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:36 am[/url]":h5cnebxc]
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmdGJ_PPZZM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

My stance on Honda head gaskets and the after market crap folks try to pass off as genuine Honda Line parts.
I agree....anytime I can get Honda gaskets or seals, I do!! :yes:

There is supposed to be something inside this. Mine is disintegrated. I can't find anywhere what is supposed to be in here or what it even is, crank case breather? Anyone have any Intel on this little device?

image.jpg

Latest posts