1985 LTD Side Stand Interlock and Indicator Light Circuit

Help Support ClassicGoldWings:

Rednaxs60

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
Update: side stand interlock and indicator system is working well. I have noticed that the bike can be in a grey area when going into neutral and the neutral light is not on. Decided to see what would happen when I put the side stand in the down position. Did this and the bike quit. Put the side stand up, pulled in the clutch and started the bike again. From now on I have to ensure the bike is in neutral with the neutral light on before the side stand is put down.

Cheers

joedrum

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
yep ..a lot of interdependence going on here all things have to work ..sheesh what a great mod ..hope it all has hanging in there power and weather well ...

Rednaxs60

CGW Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped at a small restaurant for coffee yesterday and there was a BMW 1600 parked there. I had a quick look at the kickstand and noticed that the kickstand switch is similar to that on the 1800. I imagine that BMW does what Honda does for certain parts, make the design and source the parts. Can't be too many manufacturers of this side stand switch. To keep this short, I would think with some investigation that the 1600 BMW side stand switch may work just as well.

Cheers

Latest posts