4" pullies have been paid for

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock: :nea: No sir, nor sir, my pulley ain't going nowhere. I got one of ten made in the whole wide world, :nea: You couldn't pry my cold dead fingers off my pulley, :lust: I sleep with my pulley, it's even got it's own carseat, carry it everywhere I go. Ya'll stay away from my pulley, I got a firearm. :mrgreen:

backlander":2uoupi3a said:
:shock: :nea: No sir, nor sir, my pulley ain't going nowhere. I got one of ten made in the whole wide world, :nea: You couldn't pry my cold dead fingers off my pulley, :lust: I sleep with my pulley, it's even got it's own carseat, carry it everywhere I go. Ya'll stay away from my pulley, I got a firearm. :mrgreen:
Same here, this here pulley is THE one and only beave special now sporting the name,
ClassicGoldwing A.C.P. [Alt. Conv. Pulley]

Beauty aye

image.php

Na I think I'll keep both of mine!! I'm sure I will need them one day my stator can't last forever!

me too :rocks: :salute: :yahoo: i also want the ribbed type on the next batch
dan filipi":29ka3dlb said:
backlander":29ka3dlb said:
Same here, this here pulley is THE one and only beave special now sporting the name,

Beauty aye

image.php

82a":186dfa10 said:
me too :rocks: :salute: :yahoo: i also want the ribbed type on the next batch
dan filipi":186dfa10 said:
backlander":186dfa10 said:

Beauty aye

image.php

It is a beauty Aye!

Oh shucks Chas. Man I couldn't make it man, my daughter and wife preferred me not to go, my daughter cried a little because she thought I wouldn't come back...awh man shoot..I had to cancel...Looking at the weather tonight I'm glad I did because yonder comes a terd floater man :shock: ....A flippen gully washer. :shock: . is going straight their way later tonight, I mean they are going to get it bigtime. :shock: ....Dan is going to see what I was going to ride through. :shock: ..I'm glad I didn't now I see the storm there...It's going right over Joes place too... :shock:

just got back from the meet all i can say is you all missed out on a great time there wasn't hardly any rain to speek of. and the temp. was perfict. dan will post vidieo s soon.

Hey Ok, here's an update on my alt. Conversion, I have gone to and from Kansas City, Kansas now with it and put on an addition 1000 miles after that, I have been doing nothing but riding, No more charging issues for this cat..I worry no more , I just ordered another alt. just in case though to keep in my bag, I will need to get another pulley the same size as the other for the alt. I have an extra belt already, I will feel totally secure after that..Now...I would love to hear who all has done theirs yet...and how's it going I would love to hear you're story...

I have about 2500 miles on my alt now. 1300 miles to Strugis. Another 1200 miles just riding around

Had to tighten the belt one time after install. It started to squeak and after tightening it--it went away.
Had main fuse blowing at any given time. After replacing the 83 coils with 80 coils I have not had the main fuse blow.

So now I have to put my ride to sleep for a looong winters nap. Feel real comfortable with the conversion.

Thanks for getting us the pulleys and the sight glass.

the alternator conversions I seen all have a common problem with the radiator relocation - how is yours and if it is good what did you do to make the room.

Does the alternator whine at high speeds?

I put a spacer (on the bottom of the radiator) of about 1 inch on both bolts. I also had to relocate the fan up and to the left of its original position. Had to cut the fan blades down to miss the belt.
No my alternator does not whine.

1060dsl":17kdsbrm said:
the alternator conversions I seen all have a common problem with the radiator relocation - how is yours and if it is good what did you do to make the room.

My Geo alt does whine some, especially if I load it to full load by turning on all 4 driving lights.

I spaced the entire radiator (top and bottom) forward 2 inches which gave me enough room for the 4" pulley to clear the radiator by about a 1/4" and enough room for the belt to just barely clear the fan mounting bracket in it's stock location on the radiator.
No fan blade modification but I did move the rad filler neck to front of the radiator. That gave me easier access for servicing. The neck could also be extended to keep the cap inside the false tank.

(Click images to Gallery for large images)

1060dsl":zkrku2gf said:

It has not been a problem with me, I came out 1/ 1/8" at the bottom only. I reconfigured the fan making my own designed mounts, I fastened it to the heat shield....This way I put it in the exact location I wanted it...{ tweek city}...But it's perfect, and yes it cools just fine still without the fans frame attached...

fan1.jpg

fan2.jpg

fan3.jpg

fan4.jpg

Fairly new to Gold Wings and a new member here. Dan directed me here to this site and topic because I asked him about availablilty of a pulley on the GL1200 Gold Wing site. I realize this thread is a few months old but my question is to LB, is it possible to still get a pulley? BTW, great info here, keep up the good work.

I believe lb is on the site you were at. go up to post 205 and pm him. the little box on the left under his post Under the flag.
He may still have one.

If you do the conversion we all want to see pics of your progress here.

skyking897":eykfp0mn said:
Fairly new to Gold Wings and a new member here. Dan directed me here to this site and topic because I asked him about availablilty of a pulley on the GL1200 Gold Wing site. I realize this thread is a few months old but my question is to LB, is it possible to still get a pulley? BTW, great info here, keep up the good work.

Littlebeaver is no longer with the forum but I do have the specs to have the pulley made if anyone is interested.

P.s. pm's here to littlebeaver ( LB) will go unanswered.

Ive got one of each Pully and i dont expect to use either (will replace the stator when the time comes) you can have either for cost plus shipping

Hello 1060dsl,i have an 83, aspencade and was having charging problems at the end of last riding season. i would really like to get a multi-groove pulley from you. i live here in ontario also. I would like to have an alternator conversion done for the spring. A pulley would be a huge start. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts