'84 1200 engine for a '82 GW

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I thought I would try and mask the Honda Prelude fuel pump using a pop can cut off and painted engine colour. I like it but pop cans are very fragile...will have to be careful where I put my feet.
Before
After

Next thing is to hide ugly fuel hose and hose clamps.

Thanks for looking
Brian

Worked out well, for both riders. :good: One for free, the other chrome, but not very expensive :yes:

Nice effort. :salute:
If only you could find an old soda can that actually has some aluminium in it. Remember when you could drop them without a tiny rock poking a hole in them?

I thought I had all the oil leaks fixed but another one has cropped up. :head bang: This time from the top off the front cover.

There shouldn't be any oil leaking from the top of the front cover unless it filled up with oil but I'm pretty sure there is an open path for oil to drain back to the sump. Only thing else I can think of is the oil seal on the front of the crankshaft might be leaking. :crying: :beg: That could be bad if oil got on the timing belts. :shock:

I guess it's time to drain the coolant and take rad off for about the hundredth time. :rant:

Check the crankcase breather is not plugged and the canister not full. If breather is blocked the case can become pressurized.

Never thought about the breather and crankcase pressure, but makes sense. :headscratch: Because I have the single carb I don't have the standard Honda setup. I have a 1/2" hose from the top of the crankcase,
To the bottom of the air cleaner here;
Now that I look at it, the fitting at the air cleaner is pretty small...about 1/4" hole. Could that cause pressure buildup?

I now have a 2' piece of hose going from the crankcase breather to under the bike, have hose to air cleaner blocked. Will take same 70 mi test run to see if leak still leaks.

In the mean time I dug out the OE air cleaner to compare breath opening sizes. OE opening 3/8", opening on single carb AC 1/4". The cross sectional area of the OE opening is 2.2 times that on my SC AC. :read: So could make a difference in crankcase pressure.

be careful chuck and make sure it doesnt blow oil out with it all low like that ..i seen them do that before when ring were letting to compression by into crankcase before seating real good on a motor that sat long time without running ..

Actually when I looked the breather fitting on the SC AC base; it is 3/8" on the other end and 1/4" Inside the AC. So I just drilled it out to 3/8" all the way through then drilled out to 25/32" for good measure.

So hooked up the breather hose as before. Will test and report.

Latest posts