After 62 yrs of riding

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussL

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am giving up riding... my arthritus is getting bad in my hands and hips... I go out for even a small ride,,, I hurt...

I was looking forward to a season of riding but that is not going to happen... after all the work that went into getting my 84/85 GL1200 into a great running machine,,, I am not going to get to enjoy it...
I will keep the trailer as I still enjoy camping and can puLloyd it with my Accord... I will probably sell my Interstate after I get my projects over... I will not sell it with something needs fixin... my last run was about 1300 miles and I got 52 mph without trailer and 45 with trailer...

Sorry to hear Russell but 62 years of riding is a pretty good effort. :salute:
Good luck with your sale in the future. :good:
Enjoy your future camping at least your trailer is still being pulled by a Honda! :hihihi:

gee ...russl....hmmm if i had the funds id buy that bike ....im looking to get a 1200 dresser like you the 1500 seems to much for me to handle ...im really sorry to hear this ..ive been thinking about going down your way ..but its still pretty far from orlando ..or id would have already done it ....

Sorry to hear it man.

There is a silver lining in this. I got Crystal from a couple that made the same decision, and getting to own and ride the bike that made them happy has made me happy. It seems a new rider buying another mans Wing is a common destiny. :?

~O~

sheesh i hate this russl ..iwas hoping to get down yor way ...but your rather far from orlando ...if i had the funds id buy your bike ...like you the 1500 dresser seems a bit to big for me ...

gee i hate the fact your having problems

thanks Joe... not that far from Orlando... just a ride down 27... I have done a lot of work on the Interstate... If my health was good,,, I would not be worried about making a run to
Seattle and back... The bike would hold up better than the rider... I am going to ask 3500 for my bike and I think it is worth it...

Sorry to hear about your situation.Parting with something like these bikes is always a sad time.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185859#p185859:3hmtzv99 said:
Omega Man » January 10th, 2017, 10:40 pm[/url]":3hmtzv99]
Sorry to hear it man.

There is a silver lining in this. I got Crystal from a couple that made the same decision, and getting to own and ride the bike that made them happy has made me happy. It seems a new rider buying another mans Wing is a common destiny. :?

~O~
That's how my 'Wing came down to me. Wife couldn't get on the bike anymore and he didn't enjoy riding without her. Another 20 years and I'll probably have to pass it on to the next guy. Happy trails.

I can say I know how you feel russ, I had to give up riding in july of '98, I never thought I would ride again. but I am aware of the fact that i'll have to give up riding again but unlike you road trips in the cage won't happen cause after about three hours holding a steering wheel I'm in pain

sorry to hear your gonna sell... but , i'm 65 and I know what your saying , good luck in whatever your plans ahead are . :heat: :party: :hi:

Nothing wrong with keeping one even if you dont get in a bunch of riding miles no more. I owned certain bikes fer years just fer looking at and sold them just because they got to be valuable, moneys long gone ,wish now I had kept em all.

Friend of mine's brother bought a souped up Harley, just looks, sit's on it, starts, rev's & listens to it run. Says too unsteady to ride, but has wanted one for years. Health is bad three or more stint's, says f--k it.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=186154#p186154:n30r1fqk said:
Denver » Today, 7:38 am[/url]":n30r1fqk]
Friend of mine's brother bought a souped up Harley, just looks, sit's on it, starts, rev's & listens to it run. Says too unsteady to ride, but has wanted one for years. Health is bad three or more stint's, says f--k it.
I've seen souped Harleys run and cannot believe how they can stay together as much as they move. Literally the casting of the engine block flexes. Rather comical to watch, especially watching the air filter.

Dan says

I've seen souped Harleys run and cannot believe how they can stay together as much as they move. Literally the casting of the engine block flexes. Rather comical to watch, especially watching the air filter.

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :good:

Latest posts