CGW Midwest MEET 2012 AUGUST

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chatted with Vic today and he's looking for confirmation we're going to make this get together happen because he needs to reserve the space real soon at $110 for 2 days.

Let's get some confirmations and some real plans going here!

I'm working on it any way I can to go which means I have to get busy with the motor and my passport.

To add,

Vic from GL1200goldwings.com will be hosting the event and we are all his guests.
He told me he'd pay the $110 fee for the 2 days so as far as I know the only cost we'll have is getting there!

dan filipi":1wp3m3n8 said:
Here's the post started by Goldwinger1984 for this years event.

There's no way I can make this event in Canada this year so let's start planning for next year!

More details for 2012 will be posted after this years event although the final destination should be close to Brantford, Ontario Canada.
(According to goldwinger1984 2012 meet will be in Leamington, Ontario.)

I'd be leaving from L.A, probably going North to hook up with other bikes then heading East.

The idea is to meet up with as many bikes as we can going to the event all along the route.

Already I have confirmed places to stay the night and chow, that time of year we should have good weather everywhere so camping out in the yards is an option.

I'd imagine my ride time will be over the course of at least a week so I'm planning time off early.
I'd likely leave on a Friday from L.A

Let's do this!

Man can you just picture it!?
A bunch of of Classic Goldwings cruisin down the highway to Canada, I can't wait and putting the meets together will be fun too!

Post your ideas here.
One big step is to figure out the route so I need to look at the member list.
Expect me to be hitting you up for a place to crash!
Hey Dan,how much do you think a trip like this would end up costing plus how many days would it take considering a normal ride without adding setbacks which may ocurr.

toytender01":17r83npc said:
:Egyptian: YES!!! I ride with a partner that knows my every move and we have never had a conflict......of cource my wife dosen't like him.. said he is too much like me.... of cource he IS ME :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :clapping: :Egyptian: :Egyptian:
My partner is also much like me & but i get to suprise him at times & occasionally we do have conflicts :Doh2: and sometimes my wife doesn't like both of us at all :whip: I guess she thinks that together we're up to no good :shock:

dan filipi":1xcusy2f said:
aslatk":1xcusy2f said:
I can can understand the concern of riding with a big group even though I never have. What I would be comfortable with is something like this....Will leave on this day from point A and will meet at point B at the end of the day. It gives everyone the freedom of choice...speed, stops or side trips. Now with computers (Wifi) and smart phones, plans could be updated as needed/if needed. If you ended up riding with a group, or with a friend or by yourself, its your choice. You might get more participation that way. For those not going, this trip sure would make for interesting posts on CGW. That sure would make for an interesting read. Just a thought :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

Good idea, I like that freedom so we'll make this part of the plan!
Sounds logic :eek:k:

chasrogers":3gia98su said:
I know that when there is a large group of bikes it is best to brake the big group in to two or three or four smaller groups or do like was suggested this is suggested so we dont give some of the nervise cagers a panic attack when a couple hundred bikes roll past them in one solid continous line over 3 or 4 miles long :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Cagers always get panicky when they spot a bike ...If they do spot them at all :smilie_happy: (best to brake the big group into 2 or 3 or 4 groups)NEA :nea: .For some reason Gral. Custer comes to mind :headscratch: .... :mrgreen:

chasrogers":11o1x2xi said:
dan filipi":11o1x2xi said:
According to goldwinger1984 2012 meet will be in Leamington, Ontario.
and what a great town to have it in it is beutiful there and only a short drive to the southern most point of ontario hey Dan they say it is geographicly futher south than the north end of callifornia LOL it is know as Point Pielli Ontario and is a bird lovers heaven :hi: :hi: :hi:
Birds lover Heaven :yahoo: I bet we have some cuckoo riders that will fit right in :yes: I have to stop listening and writing everything my partner says :blush:

sledge":1ng3w54t said:
I'm having some BAD computer problems....I can't get into MapQuest , so I have no Idea how far it is......BUT , I'm sure it's too far for me. and besides , I have never had a PassPort in my Life. . . .
Besides if anybody is on Americas most Wanted its not a great idea to try to get one :popcorn:

dan filipi":obcg5j34 said:
A sponsor would be great as well as a few chase vehicles.

Lets here some ideas how to go about this?

I'll be posting an event at gl1200goldwings.com, ngw,nagf and maybe a few other forums.
Feel free to post other places and link to this post so we get the word out to as many people as we can.
we are having the same discussion at GWOF but as it stands right now we haven't decided on a month

bk2valve":46p93rcr said:
Sounds like a great idea to go to it next year but i don't EVER travel with more than 1 other rider and even then I am super picky...I will put it on the calendar though and if possible will meet you all there.
Happy Trails....
Brian in NM

Just a suggestion: I feel that the best thing to do when riding in groups is to break up into small groups like 3, 4 or 5 bikes max, and let each rider ride their own comfortable ride method within the small group, then all the small groups connect at certain waypoints along the ride so you can confirm that everyone is still with you throughout the ride before you get too far apart. It's best to have the lead rider and tail rider equipped with cell phones and CB radios for just in case events so that way no one is left on the side of the road in case of breakdown or other problems.

littlebeaver":3lktfny4 said:
Wow, are you guy's really going to ride to Canada...???

Canada??? You mean that place that makes Texas look small and has some of the most caring people in the world along with some of the most scenic spots in the world? You mean that Canada??? :yes:

Goldwinger1984":mw72qyo6 said:
littlebeaver":mw72qyo6 said:

Canada??? You mean that place that makes Texas look small and has some of the most caring people in the world along with some of the most scenic spots in the world? You mean that Canada??? :yes:

And bacon.Dont forget the canadian bacon!!!!!

Maybe I can catch a salmon in a stream like a bear, them folks up there nearly talk funnier than the folk in here Texas...don't ya know, ah...Am I invited or no...???What about Joe? I wonder how the Taco's are up there :shock: :shock: :shock:

littlebeaver":227zirm3 said:
I would love to go to canada :yes: also but for know its just a thought.If I can't make it to CANADA i'll settle with a CAN-A-DAY as usual :mrgreen:

Well you guy's be sure to post lot's of photo's....And ride safe...It's doubtful I will make it...

Omega Man":3kwufvpg said:
Hey Dan, if you pass nearby Vegas I'll ride with ya a couple of hours.

~O~
I would have second thoughts if I were Dan....His avatar is a bird......and yours is a dude killing one :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: .

anything new on the date? its only a 4 hour drive for me, and i would love to attend. but need to set my 2012 riding schedule as soon as i can. you know...."so many rides....so little time"

you know there is a fri the 13th in july......and port dover IS in canada :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: