CGW Midwest MEET 2012 AUGUST

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like there is ferry service from sandusky straight to lemington. need to wait til spring to ck the rates

cyborg":32pvhuue said:
looks like there is ferry service from sandusky straight to lemington. need to wait til spring to ck the rates
We haven't had much luck finding a ferry, how does that sound slab?

chas and I were talking when he got me distracted and made me delete the calendar event so I need ya'll to go back to the event and RSVP.
calendar.php?view=event&calEid=146

chasrogers":3gthtipy said:
here is the link to the ferry and it is not a gay man :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
https://www.pelee.com/pelee-island-ferry ... -and-maps/
https://www.ontarioferries.com/jii/engli ... fares.html

1)Why take 3 plus hours on a ferry to avoid 2 hours of riding?(And where do you go through bordercrossings?)
And looking closer,you "HAVE TO" catch a 3:30pm ferry to pellee island,and stay overnight to take a morning boat to leamington.That plus the almost $50.00 of fee,Id rather ride the bike.Thats what its for.

2)If it is a group ride/getogether we are after,why would you cut some of us out?

3)What year is the bike?I may have a good front E2 off my 83.

Tory":d158az5h said:
chasrogers":d158az5h said:
here is the link to the ferry and it is not a gay man :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
https://www.pelee.com/pelee-island-ferry ... -and-maps/
https://www.ontarioferries.com/jii/engli ... fares.html

1)Why take 3 plus hours on a ferry to avoid 2 hours of riding?(And where do you go through bordercrossings?)

2)If it is a group ride/getogether we are after,why would you cut some of us out?

3)What year is the bike?I may have a good front E2 off my 83.

Agreed, Tory.

Nothing is written in stone so the plans are flexible.
I would personally rather ride than sit on a ferry.

Ok, let's all start working on the final route then we can figure out where all of us can hook up.

I've never been in this part of the country so I'm relying on you guys for input.
The above route looks fine to me since it's pretty direct, that's all I'm going by but there might be a better route say with less traffic?, safer? more scenic?.
From what I hear we should have riders shotgun going through Detroit.

I think we've pretty much ditched taking a ferry after chatting with chas and slab.
Would rather ride and besides it's $40 at least.

Everyone planning the full ride into Canada needs a passport or I hear some sort of extended license endorsement. If anyone knows of a simpler way please mention here.

I know we still have 7-8 months to go but time goes by quickly so let's get all these details nailed down early.

Here's a quick headcount:

The Maybe's need to work on making that a YES!

Capture.PNG

dan filipi":140phhpn said:
That would be great if you could make it, Gerry!

You could maybe hook up with slab riding West to Columbus, Ohio.
That would be great! Columbus is about 9 hours from here and I would have to pass him to get there! Might be easier than trying to get all the way to Joe's house.

DMV here says New York is the only state with Enhanced Drivers Licenses. Seems there will be two meets. One on either side of the border.

dan filipi":25pai5kh said:
Hope to see you there, KY!

Maybe we should find some common dirt road somewhere out in the sticks and avoid all this border crap.
LOL Carefull dan,we may be monitered by homeland security.

slabghost":2bsjnqvz said:
DMV here says New York is the only state with Enhanced Drivers Licenses. Seems there will be two meets. One on either side of the border.

That is not true.Michigan offers them and I thought a couple other border states did,but I dont know which.
But defeniatly Michigan.
I would suggest checking your local DMVs if anyone is interested,thats the only way to know for sure if your state offers them.Otherwise you need a passport.