CGW Midwest MEET AUGUST 31st to Sept 2nd

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck finding one....most have been thrown away over the years. I memory serves, they are left/right side specific, so you'll prolly be able to find plenty for the passenger side. I don't know when they(Chrysler) stopped using them, but I don't think they still do....I could be wrong. Bet you could whittle one up yerself if ya have time. :builder:

will do joel i think i have one ...im going to see ...after i eat ...if not ill do something ...every bolt you discribed as being a problem were ....we will get it ...boy im getting wore out ...me and V are doing the best we can :heat: :mrgreen:

Fingers crossed!! :beg:
You cannot have any kind of a large "Gathering" without someone having some kind of mechanical failure, or other issues.....it's just part of the experience. It sux, but...it is apparently the LAW(that Murphy feller, ya know?)....it has to happen. Glad ya'll were able to take care of it, and still enjoy the event! :clapping: :clapping:

Joe, so you guys made up a brace, good deal...I bet Vince and his lady were glad to have it up and running again... Slab Ghost when you get home and read this, know that we are all happpy you made it home ok.. :clapping:

Here are the rough cut video's I took so far.
I've split them into individual clips to make them easier to watch.

I have plans to edit the video's some, maybe make one long video but individual clips might be better?

Sidecar rides
Bill

V (slabghost)

Hanni (V's wife)

The Doghouse (This one is kinda long)

A couple more vids on the way.
Hope you enjoy these so far.

:clapping: :music: Great vids, Dan. Felt like I was right there at the meet, wish I could have made it. Looks like everyone had a good time. Maybe more of us can show for the next one, I certainly will be trying. Thanks Joe for sponsoring this event this year. :salute: :salute:

Long, but kewl. Had to watch it all the way to the end. I got's a question, if an approaching vehicle crowds or crosses the center line and your in the hack, who's the first one to arrive at the scene of the accident? :shock: Them mailboxes looked HUGE thru that camera lens. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Great vid.

OMG! What great vids. Thanks Dan. that is quite a beautiful piece of property that Joe has. Cheers Angela. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

after rideing in a hack,you kind of know what sardins feel like.but it's really good if your not clostrafobic. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: it was fun but not haveing any control is like not driveing your own car. takes getting used to.

When I rode in the hack with Joe driving boy I was nervous.
It was his first time driving one. I couldn't help but think about the first time I drove Suzie's hack. Took some getting used to to stay far enough to the left to keep from wacking anything like a parked car. :smilie_happy:
Fun to laugh about now but at the time it's not like that sitting helpless down low :crying: Joe did good though.

This video doesn't do the music justice. They sounded great, can't tell with the phone. :music2:
This is just one video of Joe and Bill and Joe's friend Chris playing. Need to edit the others. :music:

Sorry about the beginning part where I was moving around a lot. I was trying to find a good camera/lighting angle.

Wouldn't you know my computer is getting a empty block again on the photo's and videos...I might borrow my daughters laptop to view them..

great dvds.
Sorry I had to bail. I would have loved to have made it.
Turns out the one coil was cracked. Put my old coils back in and now Betsy is purring like a kitten again. The coils I put back in are from an 83 engine and my engine is an 80 on a 83 frame. It lost a little power from the 83 coils BUT she is a running again.

I would like to find a set of coils from an 80 engine to put the right coils with the engine.

the coils need to match the wiring harness not the motor ...in my opinion ..so im thinking your good now ...you were running without a ballist before ....if i understand your post right

joedrum":14w6a0m1 said:
the coils need to match wiring harness not the motor...in my opinion ..so I'm thinking your good now ...you were running without a ballist before ....if i understand your post right

Never thought of it that way but you are absolutely correct. The motor doesn't care how the spark is made or from where only that it arrives at the proper moment.

Latest posts