Gearing ?? / Trike build !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Chas , there has been some planning and work went into this build thats for sure. but .... it's coming along . :Egyptian:

i love it ...its looks like something that i would do as in design .....my main plan is to look around at what i have and thinking i think i can make that work :smilie_happy: .... :builder: looking good sledge :mrgreen:

yes i bet that gearing is going to be a good match that all im waiting for ...in the build ...if sledge gives good report on that im building :mrgreen: sledge trike no 2 as it looks just great ..and i think i could teach my wife to ride it ...for some dual bike fun outing and me also ....sometimes the conditions make a trike just the best choice period and more ride time to be had :lust: :ahem:

nope that works good too as for building it im sure it possible but lots of fabbing ...and buying one to install might be the cheapest route...me i like the idea of more drive traction a trike like sledges gives and the reverse setup just like a cager has ..in my view

I got to figure out How to put a short Video on here , of the Trike in Reverse and forwards . :builder:

:smilie_happy: Yep ....sure has Joe.. . I rode it about 2 miles over to a friends today to park it on a level concrete pad , to work on getting it in Line . I think it's in pretty good line now . it is geared a little Lower than it was Stock , BUT I knew it would be . the Gearing went from 3.06:1 ( Stock ) to 3.60:1 ( Subaru Rear ) thats half of 1 revolution Slower . I bought 2 used lowprofile 14" tires for it , to just check it . I'm gonna stick the GPS on the windshield and see how fast I'm really going , to see how much i'm off....... I'm thinking Taller Tires might put it right back in there . :builder:

you need to pm me the crucial parts i need to get from the salvage yard ..im already covince i like it and the first gear torque is the only way id want mine i have an 82 or 80 in gearing to choose from ...there both the same in first 82 gets a little taller than the 80 ,,,but i might not want that

Thanks guys , Yep being tall has it's goods and its bads . . . I don't need a Ladder to replace a light bulb , BUT a Celling Fan really gives the top of my head a hard time ..... :smilie_happy: I'm 6' 5 & 1/2 " , 230 lb. Bearfoot and Naked .... no pictures please . :smilie_happy:

OK ...... I have put about 10,000 miles on this old Goldwing in the last 2 or 3 years ... BUT ... I never noticed what the Tach. was reading a say 50 MPH .... anybody know about what the RPM's should be on a 1980 GL1100 at 50 MPH ??? mine is geared a little slow now with the Rear and the Low Profile 14" tires .... I am trying to get a good idea at how big the tires need to be to take care of this . . I know when I was building the trike I sit a regular size 14" car tire beside the 17" Goldwing tire ... and they was real close to same size. just wondering if Somebody knew about what the RPM's should be in 5th gear at 50 MPH.

Latest posts