Hooch bike backyard motor change out

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some amazing work, Joe! I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for this bike! Maybe one day I'll see it up close. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I bet, man! Nothing beats going on a ride to clear all the troubles away.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ok since I had the new to hooch 1200 motor and taller gear range...carb seemed like it needed tweaking.....it did ...in the last’s five days I’ve gone 850 miles on hooch gave plenty of time to figure things out .....well I did ...figure out I needed a bit more air at idle ..got this from the secondary barrel idle circuit setting ...and the big move was changing the progression when the secondary comes in ...these two things I worked with each other to turn the new hooch into a monster bucking gear changing wake up call sheesh ....secondary so smooth now you just don’t even feel it ...gets into monster running mode in the primary and never gets out of that ...secondary just keeps it all going into the redline rpm...

Amazing how the bike jumps up and to the side in gear changes ...so much torque even at lower rpm...what power this this motor has ...and with it new load factor in the taller gearing makes this motor talk and like it’s not streesed either ...this motor got this gearing handled ...this bike has to be the ultimate sleeper ...better have a mean bike to mess with it...I’m rather sure this is the fastest hooch has ever been :builder: :mrgreen:

Ya after a brief test run ..hooch pick the wheel up in second gear even with the taller gear ...two gears to 70mph really quick getting there ...and the motor sounds like a race machine just ripping it up ...well pleased with the new dial in WOW

Ahh when you have a carb and it’s dial in better than FI set up ... needs no super charger or turbo ...it’s just a great place to be ....thanks to the highly modded idle system anything off idle come instantly ...making it very fast for a 600 pound bike ...

Yes I did check that out ...I’m surprise by what bikes are not on the list...and some that are ...I must say that these progressive weber two barrel carbs especially true Weber’s are just the perfect carb set up for a high rpm motor set up ...just beats the four carb set up big time ...able to put in great gas charge and stay right with the rpm and also and huge it’s able to supply consistent supply to all four pistons...making the carb the best of both power getting torque out of this superb boxer motor ...C5spark and my custom to hooch timing advance it’s a one of a kind setup ....with the right rider I’m sure hooch would time well ...but I’m not sure I’ll ever go there ...I’m sure it’s got enough power to break itself

Went for nice ride about 40 miles of two lane not traveled much......slow down to make a u turn and gave it a bit of gas and the bike like to rip the bars out of my hand sheesh ..this had to be around a 1000rpm any way I did a strait pull tholltle on in first gear not buried but a lot ..the bike instantly took off ...it bucked the frame big time and shifted to the side ..there was no flaw nowhere ...just the sound of big power taking care of buisness...you couldn’t feel the secondary kick in but you could hear it ..the gearing on this motor is like 20 % louder if not more ...makes it talk like the hooch never did ...time to make another hooch video of the new hooch motor ....it time for major up grades new rear shocks something has to be done to the forks ...I’ve rode the bike a lot lately with eyes and ears open and mind on LoL....truth is hooch starts it’s own death wobble from changing gears and also at high speed power on ..backing off throws the bike to the other side ...this is the deal most hard to control ....with its low weight motor down low traction is great and pushing the tire around is easy ..unlike any bike I’ve ever rode

Sounds very impressive, Joe! I’ll definitely have to see it one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic
image.php

Well finally did take the plugs out ....they were a bit rich still ...so did some more tweaking and made the secondary barrel idle jet smaller on the gas feed and changed the progression linkage again ...to a better set up but pretty much the same as it was ...went for a 20 mile run and now plugs look like this ...on this test run bike ran flawless ..how I caught on to this is I’ve been n draining my carb after a run and just before bike would quit from lack of gas the idle would increase and then shut down....making me think idle was still just a bit off ..the changes today stop that totally ..the bike now just slows down and shuts off ..making me think I’ve got it just right .....be time for a video ..temps here are 100 degrees plus ...bikes running cool ...power is huge ...just a two gear run to get over 70mph going and seems to do it quickly ....pull the wheel up in second gear a bit ....so hooch is running as good or better than ever at the moment ....if it cools off a bit I may do a video run today :builder:

I look forward to seeing it, Joe! It sounds like you’re really making it a science!

well there a lot of things going on with the hooch bike ... but the science with the carb set up is simplicity taken to the maxium ....throttle plates are the only really moving parts in the carb ...it was a battle to figure out how it all worked and where it didn’t work right to mod it enough to make it work for my oldwing modded motor .....plugs don’t lie ...when you get good plug color and also great running from idle to redline ...it simply doesn’t get any better ....FI set ups even have lag time to produce though I’m not knocking that at all many great running FI factory set ups that run great in cars and bikes ....but a well set up strait carb dial in nice is hard to beat ..it needs no sensors maps readers ..electronics ....just performs instantly ...making it the fastest on the draw to get going ...

I’m very proud to have one of the best SCC set up out there on the planet ...we will have to get together soon we can’t be that far apart ..

I really hope one day I can learn how carburetors work in particular. If you start asking me the difference in jets, I have no idea what happens. I understand the overall principal, but I do not understand how changing just sizes affects the carburetor in relation with bigger and smaller changing things beyond plain terms.

Yes these plugs seem to go and go ...I have no clue how old they are ...I got them in a used motor ...they been in hooch I’d say five plus years ....

Deaouse a good gas charge is I think 14 to 1 ...I’m thinking as numbers go ...a carburetor ...Fuel injection ...or boosted air into motor all want to be set up to accomplish 14 to 1 gas charge ....a real strait carb like my carb has been modded into work like a spray bottle or perfume spay bottle and with air pressure created by suction of the motor turning over...the beauty of this is when Jets passages emulsion tubes made to pre mix gas and air before getting to main suction of motor all works to create this perfect charge from idle to redline if all adjusted right using nothing but air ..in my view it doesn’t get any more high tech than this ...but there does have to be smart hands involved to tweak all things just right ...but when all things get right I’ve learned it pretty much stays there ...and the involvement of knowing your motor is priceless in keeping it going user friendly as I call it ..to me this is as high tech and reliable over all other systems ...95% of all carbs out there and reputation as not as good ..old tech ..are not even carbs there EPA mandated junk ...making it seem FI is much better and it is when compared to EPA junk non carbs that can’t be adjusted to adapt to anything ...or a lot of carbs out there are not wide enough in there adjustments to cover the whole rpm range a motor has ...but weber progressive carbs especially true Weber’s are quite the best gas charge regulator out there ...sure got the stock Honda epa cv junk oldwing carbs outdone .. they can’t adapt to anything but the narrow zone they were design for ...

Latest posts