Hooch breaks a belt...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found one belt only ...couldn’t get the pulley on right on right ..one tooth off ...couldn’t loosen the belt tensioner pulley lose at all ...was able to force it on but one tooth off ...I’m thinking that 9 degrees off in timing ..nothing was hitting ..try to start it ..it tried to start but no no ...belt that broke was on ignition side ...it also broke while backing off throttle ...I heard nothing hit ...bike like died ..I tried starting it could while cranking it ..it wasn’t acting no noise though ..then noticed the belt was broke ...I’m hoping if I get the one old belt on right it will run ...but that belt is in rough shape now also from forcing it on like I did ...bike still on side of road ....sheesh ...got dark had to give up ..

Well worse fears realized ...went over to bike this morning ...got the belt on right on the non ignition side bike started but the ignition side head obviously not firing I’m sure bent valves ...my my my now to find a way to get it home ...sheesh ain’t life grand ...anyone got a 1000 or 1100 left head

Yes I’m sure there old ...you know me ..I have no money to do things properly.....also the bike has no belt covers on it ...and as it is I have no place to keep bike inside ..so in this fla weather maybe these conditions are just to much on belts ....I looked them all the time ..they seemed fine ...but this bike is way different than stock as we know ...many times at low speed the bike would bark the tire at times backing off the throttle ...the belt broke when I i was off the throttle fixing to make a turn ...

Pics
image.php

image.php

Couldn’t rent a trailer ...so rigged up bike carrier out of part of a reach hitch hoveround carrier...got the tire off the ground 1” or less and bought it home ..bike is still as it was when pulled ...nice rig job and it worked ...

Wish I still had the contacts I used to have, I could have bargained for a whole motor for you...
If you can, pm me your particulars and I can ask a few people for any bits you need...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flash it seems this motor I’ve put together is a monster of power ...best I can tell ..I had to jog down the hiway not far coming off one road and then turning at another one ...I hit the gas rather good and when I backed off it to turn is when I think the belt broke ...It was on the ignition side so when I got to where I wanted a bit of throttle again I had nothing ...does look like it snapped clean ..I seen no wear spot or bad place...I heard nothing like something got stuck ....but I don’t hear that well either

It’s hot as crap today ...won’t take me long to find out what I’m up against daeouse thanks

joedrum":zqmhs61u said:
It’s hot as crap today ...won’t take me long to find out what I’m up against daeouse thanks

Ok! Let me know, I may still be able to get you some parts from the inside of the motor!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210432#p210432:3gdw224v said:
Daeouse » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:05 am[/url]":3gdw224v]
joedrum":3gdw224v said:

Ok! Let me know, I may still be able to get you some parts from the inside of the motor!

:good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210425#p210425:2oofi7a2 said:
joedrum » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:00 pm[/url]":2oofi7a2]
Pics
image.php

image.php

Couldn’t rent a trailer ...so rigged up bike carrier out of part of a reach hitch hoveround carrier...got the tire off the ground 1” or less and bought it home ..bike is still as it was when pulled ...nice rig job and it worked ...

:nea: can’t believe nobody made jokes on how crazy this was to do :shock: that front tire was les than a inch off the ground ... :smilie_happy: bike was about 10 miles from home :popcorn:

joedrum":ud11vr0h said:
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=210425#p210425:ud11vr0h said:
joedrum » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:00 pm[/url]":ud11vr0h]
Pics
image.php

image.php

:nea: can’t believe nobody made jokes on how crazy this was to do :shock: that front tire was les than a inch off the ground ... :smilie_happy: bike was about 10 miles from home :popcorn:

We’re just admiring the brass balls you had to drive like that! LOL

can’t believe nobody made jokes on how crazy this was to do :shock: that front tire was les than a inch off the ground ... :smilie_happy: bike was about 10 miles from home :popcorn:

Caveman style, Joe.....we expect nothing less! :smilie_happy:

Latest posts