I`m back

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been so long ,Some may know I escaped California for Oklahoma in late 2015 registered to vote in Ok just in time for 2016, looked for a home while living with my sister but her kids were coming home from college so I bought a bumper pull and moved it into a large shop. Rough living for about 2 years but finally got the credit up money saved and found a home in early 2019 not long after that I was diagnosed with cancer, so there were surgeries before the treatments then the recovery but so far it hasn't returned so I am blessed for sure.
All this time my poor Goldwing has sat, It was ridden a handful of times but a solid 3 years for sure, Always ethanol free gas, last time out I shut off the petcock and ran the bowls dry , the fuel lines have petrified and the (were new )timing belts are hardening and have some crazing so changing all that and maybe pulling the carbs but hope not they were perfect last time out. Oh and rebuilt both master cylinders and calipers, all were frozen so that is done
Cost too much to drive the truck and the shop is being sold so I am hoping to drive it home rather then trailer it.
Well it feels weird just showing up here again and the whole story of my absence is longer but that sums it up,
Time sure goes by fast, been a beautiful day here in Ok today I hope summer doesn't get here too soon

Thanks for the welcome backs, seems like most all the long time members are still here, I really lost interest in the bike and much of everything else, still don't feel quit right but maybe riding will help

Thanks everyone, still doing body scans but for 18 months I am good and very lucky I only lost a kidney.
I started working on the goldwing and realized thing I knew I forgot, have to take out the manual and go through old posts but there was a time when it was on the top of my head.

Been so long ,Some may know I escaped California for Oklahoma in late 2015 registered to vote in Ok just in time for 2016, looked for a home while living with my sister but her kids were coming home from college so I bought a bumper pull and moved it into a large shop. Rough living for about 2 years but finally got the credit up money saved and found a home in early 2019 not long after that I was diagnosed with cancer, so there were surgeries before the treatments then the recovery but so far it hasn't returned so I am blessed for sure.
All this time my poor Goldwing has sat, It was ridden a handful of times but a solid 3 years for sure, Always ethanol free gas, last time out I shut off the petcock and ran the bowls dry , the fuel lines have petrified and the (were new )timing belts are hardening and have some crazing so changing all that and maybe pulling the carbs but hope not they were perfect last time out. Oh and rebuilt both master cylinders and calipers, all were frozen so that is done
Cost too much to drive the truck and the shop is being sold so I am hoping to drive it home rather then trailer it.
Well it feels weird just showing up here again and the whole story of my absence is longer but that sums it up,
Time sure goes by fast, been a beautiful day here in Ok today I hope summer doesn't get here too soon
I know I came back recently..glad you still have the bike.

Thanks Tom, I love my Goldwing no doubt about it I cant ever see myself selling it, wish I still had the 78` as well

Attachments

• DSCF2134.JPG
    DSCF2134.JPG
    718.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 10_8c57817e6f2b866fd583ed1cb9daa120.jpg
    10_8c57817e6f2b866fd583ed1cb9daa120.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 10