joedrum fla crib

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214836#p214836:38e8s9yf said:
desertrefugee » 4 minutes ago[/url]":38e8s9yf]
We're talking Florida steep. Not Colorado steep. Big difference...
Lol yeah. Or even Cali steep lol.

Ah my brother a flat lander for sure ...he was never in any danger ...but the bank got out of hand cause he wouldn’t mow it ....and those zero turn mowers are pretty much junk on embankments...just not enough tires for the weight ...most love them ..I never did after I bought one of the first ever made ...I eventually put duals on it and that made it much better But I was convinced I never want to be right over the mower deck ever again ...I know I’m a tractor guy ...but to me you can’t beat a finish mower 3pt hitch to driven going backwards ...lol

I've got lots of "Tennessee steep", but I also have a John Deere 345 (18 HP with foot controlled hydro trans) with fluid in the turf tires and a 54" deck. There are places that I must go straight up, across, then diagonal down, and a couple other banks that I can only go up and back down over and over, but it sure beats pushing!

Pics
image.php

Ok this is other stuff going on at fla crib ...getting ready to put in 3/8” glass windows where screen was before and made screen porch area part of the great room ..made the sub seal over the stone ..and cut in 1x2 to back the the window glass ..glass suppose to be here the 16th

image.php

You can see the tile some on the inside of opening where the door will be ...you can see the sub seal is angled and layered treated wood ..really locking in the stone work ..

image.php

LOL ...the stuff on top of the seal is goo flashing ..kind of like peel and stick down ..this will all be covered up and it will seal the window off from moisture till pass the stone ..if Honda head gaskets would stick like this stuff does ..they would never leak ..better get it right before it sticks down period ..I deal with things like this all the time in the pass but I could see huge problems with this stuff ..all in all I like it a lot ..I had no problems and it’s stays where’s it put ....

image.php

Six windows in all will be nice when done

Pics ...
image.php

Put the glass in Friday ..there 3/8” thick glass and about 5ftx6ft in size ...six of them all total ...my bother in the pic ...mind torching himself over a little bit of tile work around where the door I’m going to build goes ..rather sure I’ll make it two doors with clear panel glass like the windows that will swing inside ...

My my the bass are thick in the lake ..my brother feeds the fish ..plus there are airators in the water off shore that put in oxygen ...this makes it like a water garden full of life ...I’ve seen 10 plus lbs bass caught ever year from the shoreline ...also feed the deer ducks there foxes ever seen a panther out there ...

Thanks Jon ...pretty much built this house by myself ...I’m one of those guys who don’t need plans ...in fact the plans were not drawn till after I built the house ...then they came and drew what I built lol ..because of stupid laws the capable have to put up with ...LOL

Latest posts