Mileage-whos wing has the most miles?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think mine is around 70k. I have put on about 12k since I bought it two years ago with no problems - heck, the whole first year the radiator fan was not working and I did not even realize it. I would like to get 100k or more on "Goldie" without any problems. Reading other postings and for sale ads, it seems low mileage GL1100s are not too hard to find. I think I would buy another when the mileage on my current one gets up there.

I've sold 5 that were over 100k miles... 2 of which were over 150k miles. My current one is just a baby at 69k miles.

Everyone of them had the fan switch bypassed due to failure. None of them ever had a major repair and only one of them had been down. This is the reason I keep coming back to the GLs... you can just ride them without worry :music:

my 80 , has 49,000 on it ...and I also bypassed the Fan Switch , and hooked it to a rocker switch . I just keep an Eye on it in traffic in hot weather .

200K probably closer to 300K. The P.O. said I was about the 10th owner. We will never know, but up close the miles really show. I find myself telling myself to slow down and enjoy the ride more and more often. Her performance has improved the entire time I've owned her...sooner or later she's gunna start falling apart. :crying:

~O~

35,000 on the 1983 Naked and I think around 80,000 on the 1200, not really sure since the 1200 is a bitsa bike. The speedo reads 230,000 kilometers but that is off another bike (ebay). Sure stops people in their tracks when they see that big number though. :smilie_happy:

back before computers, i had pictures of my speedos at 100k miles. but, they were lost over the years :oops:

I have the fan bypassed with a manual switch. It was meant to be temporary but I think I will make it permanent with a better bracket. Like I said in a previous post I have owned my '81 Interstate for two years and put on 12k miles. I intend to ride it even more in the future, so I will probably be looking for another low mileage one within a few years. This one has been so good to me that I think it will be another GL1100 Interstate, plus I have learned all the tricks to keep em on the road and lookin good, e.g. solder the stator wires. An '82 or '83 Aspencade would be nice but I would prefer not to have all the accessories that are harder to come by (radio, speakers, CB, LED guages, etc.). I would keep it simpler with a low mileage '82 or '83 Interstate.

My 1979 GL-1000 has a little over 38k miles on it now, I have had it about 6 years, it had 19k miles on it when I got it, it had not been tagged since 1988 then.
My wife can tell ya, I got millions of mile on me!!!!! :salute:

The 83 Aspy I'm rebuilding had 150,883 on it - P/O replaced the engine but couldn't get it running right so I got it for a song.....
now I need to make it "sing" again..........

Docvan":cyuwty9l said:
The 83 Aspy I'm rebuilding had 150,883 on it - P/O replaced the engine but couldn't get it running right so I got it for a song.....
now I need to make it "sing" again..........
Great! Start a thread on your bike and let's get started! :yahoo:

Only 79k here. I've only put ~1.2k of those on it. That'll be changing since she's my daily ride to work at ~40mi round trip.

my '78, i bought it in '80 with 800 miles on it, has 250,000 as of last month. i rebuilt the engine at 125,000, but it didn't really need it

As I have been lookning for an older wing I saw one great looking 85 had price of $2900 and had 173,000.

159,000 on my 82 Interstate. Never got to see it roll over. First speedo broke in the 62,000 mile range. Setting at 97,000 and some change. The majority of the miles came in the first seven years. Then I got married and had kids. Put a damper on those 2 and 3 week adventures. Not complaining though. I've been blessed.

My 1981 Interstate 81,000 miles . My 1982 Naked Wing has 54,000 miles . Both have progressive suspension , both bikes are bulletproof !!!!!! :music2: :salute: :Egyptian: :clapping: :music: