Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It runs up and connects into the main harness for the lights and turn signals. As I started to strip away the covering to trace down the wires I ran into this any idea what it might be guys?

Attachments

• 20231203_135747.jpg
    20231203_135747.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Turn signal buzzer?
Could be. Looks like whoever had it previously and wired it up did something different cuz there's a ground wire that goes to the handlebars

Anyone know what this is and how it works? Looks like a rail with the main light, turn signals and maybe horn bit it doesn't connect to the left handlebar switch. Looks like he hardwired directly yo the front light and bypassed this thing.

Attachments

• 20231204_163515.jpg
    20231204_163515.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Anyone know what this is and how it works? Looks like a rail with the main light, turn signals and maybe horn bit it doesn't connect to the left handlebar switch. Looks like he hardwired directly yo the front light and bypassed this thing.
You might be better off with a second had loom , ? That is un butchered.

So I decided to try and connect the turning signals and I've managed to wire up everything to when I turn on the switch the lights come on left and right but there's no blinking. I can't manage to find the wire for the turn relay going into the left control. Does anyone know how to hook up the turn relay or what color the wire is?

Just wanted to let you guys know I appreciate the help. I'm running to another problem with the turn signals. Got the turn signals hooked up but the left starts off flashing quicker and than the right and then Burns Out the 15 amp fuse. The turn signal switch has been replaced by the previous owner but I didn't find anything wrong with it other than it is not a standard Goldwing turn signal. Any ideas on why the one side would be blowing out the fuse?

Found the wire and got it fixed appreciate the guidance.
Running into another problem with idling. It took a lot to fire up but she's finally running, so to speak. Before I let you guys know what's going on with idling I pulled the carburetor and clean that thing inside out. Put it all back together and set the idling screws to one and a half. When I start her up on choke age starts but when I turn the choke off, even after a couple minutes, she dies every time. If I hold the throttle to just about 2200 she's fine but as soon as I go he dies. I was trying to read up before I reached out and found something about syncing of the carburetors. I'm not sure if this is a problem but looking at the intake pipes where those little screws on the side where you supposed to attach the carb syncing tool and neither of the four intakes have any bolts in them. Could that be causing the problem? I noticed whwn fired it up pressure would be coming out of all four of those holes.

Found the wire and got it fixed appreciate the guidance.
Running into another problem with idling. It took a lot to fire up but she's finally running, so to speak. Before I let you guys know what's going on with idling I pulled the carburetor and clean that thing inside out. Put it all back together and set the idling screws to one and a half. When I start her up on choke age starts but when I turn the choke off, even after a couple minutes, she dies every time. If I hold the throttle to just about 2200 she's fine but as soon as I go he dies. I was trying to read up before I reached out and found something about syncing of the carburetors. I'm not sure if this is a problem but looking at the intake pipes where those little screws on the side where you supposed to attach the carb syncing tool and neither of the four intakes have any bolts in them. Could that be causing the problem? I noticed whwn fired it up pressure would be coming out of all four of those holes.
You might be better off with the mixture screws set between 2½ and 3 turns out .

Nice! Any idea on what would work or what that part is called? I tried to look it up and my parts linguo is terrible.
Seems like those are 5 mm but I’m not sure. I’d suggest getting a few size threads from a hardware store to test.
The plugs need to be just long enough to bottom out

Latest posts