Oil pressure gauge mod

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrick woods

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Gl1000
So if you're looking to do a oil pressure gauge mod I have some simple steps for you since there's no information on this and no one knows what thread count the block is first start with a 1/8 by 28 pitch bspt to 1/8 not adapter 0ne 1/8npt street L, a 2inch nipple,and 1/8 npt female end elbow and the oil pressure gauge of your choice
IMG_20230509_183725077.jpg
now simply assemble the oil pressure gauge. It should set above the fuel pump some people will complain about this but you can use a support bracket if needed although this setup seems very sturdy it's made out of galvanized pipe.
IMG_20230509_184046409.jpg
IMG_20230509_192628447.jpg
IMG_20230509_192609555.jpg
IMG_20230509_192637486.jpg
Now have fun with your new modified oil pressure gauge that is very accurate and looks cool and it is easily visible while riding

Last edited:
Enjoy it. Unlike Triumphs, I've never heard of an oil pressure issue on a GoldWing unless from total loss (damaged filter fom road debris). Oil pump failures are primarily seal leakage indicated by drips from the weep hole. I prefer the "idiot light" because... But that'a a nice looking gauge setup.

Enjoy it. Unlike Triumphs, I've never heard of an oil pressure issue on a GoldWing unless from total loss (damaged filter fom road debris). Oil pump failures are primarily seal leakage indicated by drips from the weep hole. I prefer the "idiot light" because... But that'a a nice looking gauge
Enjoy it. Unlike Triumphs, I've never heard of an oil pressure issue on a GoldWing unless from total loss (damaged filter fom road debris). Oil pump failures are primarily seal leakage indicated by drips from the weep hole. I prefer the "idiot light" because... But that'a a nice looking gauge setup.
Yeah I don't have an idiot light so I did this although I might switch to a braided line from engine to gauge but this seems very effective I do worry about vibration though, that's what I my switch to braided line. Hey speaking of which do you still have those engine guards?

I think all of the guards are gone except what may be on the Pistol Pete bike, and I won't be able to get to them until I sell the T150V. But I am showing the Trident at the Possum Gathering this weekend, maybe I'll get lucky. BTW, stop by - Sevier County Fairground Friday and Saturday.

Are all bikes welcome what day will you be there?

I think all of the guards are gone except what may be on the Pistol Pete bike, and I won't be able to get to them until I sell the T150V. But I am showing the Trident at the Possum Gathering this weekend, maybe I'll get lucky. BTW, stop by - Sevier County Fairground Friday and Saturday.

Of course all are welcome. 25 and older to show as vintage (you easily qualify). I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I'll be showing my '72 Triumph T150V rescue.

Attachments

• Possum23.jpg
    Possum23.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 0
Mounted mine where handle bars bolted on
The instrument panel on my 1973, 750 Triumph Tiger.
Was much less crouded, & fit into the empty middle space nicely.
Ran a small plastic line on mine, easy to fit, & cheap

Latest posts