shock treatment

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156046#p156046:q8f3lrww said:
Ansimp » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:38 pm[/url]":q8f3lrww]
Nice plug Gerry :good:
Thanks. That whole taken the engine out and putting it back in and cutting the stator wires was too much. I cut the wires three times and they are still too short! :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156088#p156088:2qcae9g9 said:
joedrum » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:08 am[/url]":2qcae9g9]
gee ...thats not very inspiring ....if i was going to spend money it would not be in the backcover of the motor in a motor out deal ....if money gets spent it will be on a outside charging system of moderin tech ..that will be up to the same level of user friendly access ...this stator crap on a oldwing is like there epa carbs you cant get at to adjust ... most bikes stators are no big deal very easy to get too ...on a road bike made for going cross country like hooch is ...dosnt need this kind of discount to happen ... if i do go this way with old stator ,,it is cause i can only go this way and relise it might not be the best thing ...

there is also the option of car alt....ive been giving things a lot of thought and listening to others also with more time in this with there builds .....my bike is not very power hungry ....im thinking that on my bike i can go 1 1/2 to 1 easy on altinator belt ratio as a drive ... also if i can find room under the shelter to put a car alt ...without screwing up carb access ...this will be my preferd route .....but as of now all options are on table ...even new stator maybe cause if access is not what i like or want ...i wont do it ..

if i do do it i might also put in a used stator that is still working as back up or actually have a electric power take off on the bike ..that seperate from bike ... there are many possibles here running through my head ....as it is my carictor :hihihi:

image.php

another stator canidate for hooch.....sent to me by jpwinger :good: it checks out fine

well ive finally got over dreading the thought ....some pics
image.php

this pics shows bike ....all bolts remove and ready for bike slide...the top back motor mount cross bolt is holding bike and stump holding motor ....radiator has not been seperated yet as i wanted to take pics first

image.php

maybe i dont know what im doing ... i put macro switch on for close up ...seems to suck ...carb tower is remove

image.php

front ride off stand and removable frame piece gone

image.php

motor on stump looks lonely but bike is there

image.php

hope to pull bike this way and leave motor as is ...seems the ujoint wil be the stick in the spokes on this ...i wont go into why its all hooch situation ......im hoping to just do this ...with just me and my tools and not much else ...im not recomending this ...just trying to go as bare and as easy as i can ...hooch actually has things that make this option maybe pan out ... :builder: :thanks:

pics
image.php

image.php

seems macro is no good period unless it talking way away ...hmmmm...

image.php

kind of nice in there after 10,000 plus miles this summer so far

image.php

possition for back cover removal.....manifold looks nice all out like that ...there is the carb tower high rise and 2 to 1 center charge adjuster for type4 ..that in the house ..whole deal comes out in minutes ...goes on just as easy ...super user friendly ...seems to really do its job on my bike ... stator time ... :builder: :thanks:

pics
image.php

man things looked good in here ...so clean and all ... it did have one problem something to think about too ...the stator bolt was loose ...first time id ever seen one out ... ive never use them and never used this one either ...gee the just little short bolt on this 1200 ...must be there to turn the motor only .... hooch runs smooth and revvs hard ...im thinking the power it has now loosen it up ... if all it dose is turn motor it will not be going back ...its like a land mine and can cause all kinds of trouble ..just to turn the motor ... nope not going back in ...glad i decided to change stator ..it caught this ...

image.php

back cover gasket all fine ...i manage again not to mess it up ...im liken that ....

image.php

things look great ...another thing that will happen is im taking the 1000 output shaft out and putting back in 1200 output shaft as im using 1200 final drive now in hooch and it will stay that way ...now to get stator out and another put back in :builder: :thanks:

Put the bolt in after the threads are cleaned and torque it with loctite or nail polish on the threads.

pic
image.php

this is the stator bolt ... as i see it dose nothing but a way to turn motor ...it seems way to small no wonder they come out sheesh ...it aint worth the trouble it can cause to me ...if someone knows other purpose please post :builder: :thanks:

Pretty sure that has to be there or the rotor will come off. Probably still tight now on taper but it will come loose.

yep totally different on 1100 and easy to tell it holds stator on ...i actually knew this and forgot ... honda change the rotor set up to improve it im sure ...them added the little bolt so motor could be turned .... it will not be going back ...rotor on 1200 is nut fasten deeper and much closer to motor....

Well I know Joe likes to strip off anything that isn't needed but I wouldn't leave that bolt out if it looks at all like it might help to keep the other from loosening. I'm not there to see it.