thanks pdbro

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan Dan Dan....yer such a friggin troublemaker....how DARE you "suggest" anything other than what Cap'n Knowitall states is the ONLY CORRECT way to do a SCC.

Shame on you.....Shame shame shame...... :nea:

61782471.jpg

:smilie_happy:

So... all the forums have banned him so now his only recourse is to bash peoples work on youtube. No matter how much he tries to stay relevant, he only proves how irrelevant he is/was

What a turd. Avoid this manifold build at all costs! Yeah buy the jessco manifold that never has or will work. He's the go to man for single carb misinformation. :smilie_happy:

He's at it on facebook again!
Steve Scott A cam change alone increases compression exactly how?

I find that impossible.
Manage
· Reply · 59m
Vince Ryan
Vince Ryan Steve Scott Apparently valve lift and timing isn't one of your fields of study. Why not just try it instead of voicing your doubts?
Manage
· Reply · 57m
Christopher Freitag
Christopher Freitag Vince Ryan it changes the duration of the valve actuation
Manage
· Reply · 52m
Vince Ryan
Vince Ryan It does indeed.
Manage
· Reply · 52m
Christopher Freitag
Christopher Freitag Vince Ryan lol, meant to tag Steve Scott, my screen is cracked up
Manage
· Reply · 49m
Steve Scott
Steve Scott Vince Ryan, valve lift and timing have nothing to do with compression numbers.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=205659#p205659:e9rbcr5e said:
slabghost » 14 minutes ago[/url]":e9rbcr5e]
He's at it on facebook again!
Steve Scott A cam change alone increases compression exactly how?

I find that impossible.
Manage
· Reply · 59m
Vince Ryan
Vince Ryan Steve Scott Apparently valve lift and timing isn't one of your fields of study. Why not just try it instead of voicing your doubts?
Manage
· Reply · 57m
Christopher Freitag
Christopher Freitag Vince Ryan it changes the duration of the valve actuation
Manage
· Reply · 52m
Vince Ryan
Vince Ryan It does indeed.
Manage
· Reply · 52m
Christopher Freitag
Christopher Freitag Vince Ryan lol, meant to tag Steve Scott, my screen is cracked up
Manage
· Reply · 49m
Steve Scott
Steve Scott Vince Ryan, valve lift and timing have nothing to do with compression numbers.

Boy, that's confusing to follow.

How about a facebook link.

IMHO: If the stock cam isn't opening the intake valve long enough to fully charge the cylinder, increasing the intake valve duration would better charge the cylinder and may increase the compression ratio because you're compressing a greater volume of fuel and air into the same volume at TDC. High performance motors often have two intake valves or larger intake valves to accomplish the same action.

If memory serves the ratio is unaffected. It is a volume mathematically arrived at computing the length of stroke and the volume of the chamber. Actual pressure read is of course affected by air density and fuel charge. Along with any boost of intake pressure and cam lift and duration.

I've given up on little stevie from south dakota... he has his own GoldWing single carb facebook group that is great as long as you believe that a heated plenum is the only way that it will work. Prove him wrong and his ego gets hurt and then he starts warning you about deleting you from the group and posts get deleted. I saved him the trouble and left. I think some of the C5 posts within his group have also been deleted.

From the day he criticized me for being retired from the Navy I knew the caliber of man that he is... too bad someone deleted the posts before anyone else really noticed it.

This thread needs to be locked and die. From my readings of this it appears someone is butt hurt over someones comment. When you fan the fire it burns hotter, does not make it less. No one should say anything about anyone personally ever, but it does happen, this thread has idolized this wank.

I wanted to do a Single carb set up and even had a few after completing it ask me about some sites and none of them had anything to do with anything. I got my inspiration about 1988 my dad was telling me about doing it to his 1987 GL1200 because he hated syncing. I always wanted to try it since he never did. Sometimes let the assholes say what ever and don't bring yourself down to their level. When you sling shit you still get shit on your hands. I don't have Facebook because of this. You all are way better than this, just consider it, please.