The end of the hydro clutch

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pic
image.php

Thank you two85...I’m loving this... :BigGrin:

Ok I’m having trouble sheesh ...my bike is 1000 ..the motor is 84 1200 ..cable clutch is 82 clutch cover and cable set up ...I was thinking all the cable stuff mounts were hooked up to motor but can’t figure it out yet need a picture down by the clutch showing how all the cable mounts are shown ...I’m thinking a 82 or 83 bike will be the same ,....you can see the parts I have in the pics I’ll take more ...thanks in advance for posting a pic of the set

image.php

image.php

Hmmm I’m having trouble ...I’m sure I did this mod to my 82 bike with 1200 motor in it ...but my memory is the biggest liar about me ....the 1200 clutch had a clutch pin that went it look like to the back of the slave cylinder piston ...the 82 clutch cover looks like it uses no pin at all ..so I left it out as it look way to long ...the 82 cover clutch operating disc looks like it matches up with the center ring on the star looking outside clutch piece ...hmmm does this move or does it not ..that’s my ? If anybody knows ...it sure wasn’t messed with on the 1200 set up ...I need to look at pics of 1200 and 1100 clutches I’m thinking ...might have to mod this set up to ...I’m just not remembering I had too ...sheesh my memory sucks....if anybody knows something here please post

No it was a bike I put together just before hooch and my first 1200 in a 1100 bike ..it was called the 8284 ...i only rode it once as it needed parts I couldn’t afford to at the time ..and jumped on hooch

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212523#p212523:3cntviid said:
joedrum » 7 minutes ago[/url]":3cntviid]
Look at this dan pics
image.php

image.php

So I just use the cover and don’t use the pin in second pic that the 1200 set up uses ? Right
That's right yes. Don't use the pin.

Thanks dan ...this is totally proof my brain is fried ...having to get advice on a parts mix I myself came up with myself ..I think I was the first to do this ...my my my

Probably right there dan ..but it sure was unknown to all of us ...I read the thread last night it was quite a read many of us here chimed in through the whole project very good read but it didn’t answer my doubts just made it clear I did it and it worked

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212532#p212532:12ddzuuw said:
joedrum » 21 minutes ago[/url]":12ddzuuw]
Pic
image.php

Ok fitted the rice crispy clutch gasket ..won’t be long I’ll have it on now :builder:
Dumb question...did you test that the actuator works right on your year 1200 motor? I only know for sure it works right on the '84 1200.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212538#p212538:2v3yrikq said:
pidjones » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:36 pm[/url]":2v3yrikq]
Jor, whoe eats all of the cereal? That stuff is getting so expensive, might be cheaper to buy Honda gaskets!

:smilie_happy: Guilty ...that’s me still a kid ....wow this is great ...I can tell this clutch is pulling as easy or better I’m thinking than the hydro set up ..cable and parts were in great shape though ..I’m thrilled about it :yahoo:

Still some some things to tie up and will take some pics when I’m done ..

Pics....
image.php

image.php

Not much to see here but dirty bike terrible paint ...caveman hot wire set up ...fuel pump on off connector ...but also cable clutch hook up and no hydro reservoir on left bar ...it pulls easy and the feel is absolute ..just love it ...started bike also so all things working :yahoo:

Latest posts