Update

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
voltage pictures

Attachments

• avl.jpg
    avl.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 115
  • v.jpg
    v.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 110
a bit high. Looks like you may need to replace the regulator. On this year bike I'm pretty sure it's separate from the rectifier unit.

If you are going to change regulator due a full Mofset r/r conversion. I have currently acquired a $28 aud Chinese one which I intend testing soon.

The fuel gauge quit working too there is 7volts @ the gauge but its not working I noticed this when the lights quit working. checked the voltage is good I did fill the gas tank will check the sending unit tomorrow. other than that all's good. hope I didn't smoke a gauge somehow

I would like to inform you all if your going to do any shipping through the USPS please make sure your packages are insured. i ordered some parts from a fellow from Washington State. They made it all the way to Ga. then were shipped to Alabama then to Memphis Tnn. And were never seen again. I lost a set of crash bars for a 76 Gl1000 along with a complete set of blinkers front and rear exhaust headers for the 76 mufflers and the Vetter rubber cover.. So I'm looking for another set of exhaust headers and another set of blinkers.. I's so sad that Memphis Tnn. post office can only tell me they are sorry. After further research I found out that this post office has had SO Many complaints for theft that go back to March of last year. Then a blog every couple of days from there forward. So that sucks the big one to be out all that money and time it was mailed on the 16 of January and now it's the 5th of February.

:music: Now the good news. I have finally got the springs (center stand side stand) And for the front calipers bleeders I have the little rubber covers from the UK. The one for the rear is still there. I have some new pictures.

PS. WILL post a short Video tonight

I also got the engine started up. Looks like I will need to give it a good ride to reseat the rings. But other than that everything is a go. The fan sender needs to be replaced. I have one in the other engine on the floor but I'm sure it will need to be replaced as well. Honda called me to tell me that my rear caliper rebuild kit is in along with the springs role pins and the post. For the side covers. The Vetter decals (Fairing Trunk Bags) and the mounting hardware for the lowers and the replacement springs for the bags mounting are @ the post Office. They came 2 day air mail from Carol Vetter. Still working on getting the front master cylinder C/clip out.

Issue I'm having is getting the screw that broke off out of the master cylinder. To mount the brake light switch. Any Ideas would help here . Just picked up 2 sets of carburetors chrome trim with the plug wire keepers still intact. When I get paid There is a list of parts in my watch list I'll get and the final round of parts from Washington state will ship out Saturday Via Fed X :eek: This way I will get them. There going by plane $$$.$$ but I will get them for sure.. Thanks for reading have a great night..

Attachments

• PARTS 2.jpg
    PARTS 2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 183
Sorry to read of your loss. you can care fully drill out the screw if you get a reverse twist drill that small and can keep it centered. Often part way through the screw will back out. If not then you'll need to re tap threads.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140544#p140544:av9qyl7f said:
slabghost » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:59 am[/url]":av9qyl7f]
Sorry to read of your loss. you can care fully drill out the screw if you get a reverse twist drill that small and can keep it centered. Often part way through the screw will back out. If not then you'll need to re tap threads.

Okay thanks. I will have a look @ it. Update I thought the crash bars were in the box but no. so the other parts are ready. Will be calling him to do a check list b4 they go out'

Got more parts from the Post office (insured mail) today pins for the covers and all my fairing decals lowers too rear brake rebuild kit so stoked.. Also Bob Segar concert tonight....

Attachments

• decals.jpg
    decals.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 166
:clapping: UPDATE..

I have the rest of the parts on the truck heading to me... The others are lost I've sent a E-mail to the USPS in just maybe they might be @ the Ga. recovery office for damaged shipping box's.. I don't think so but will see..

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140824#p140824:1iya2pxg said:
joedrum » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:50 pm[/url]":1iya2pxg]
good deal ...im waiting on 1500 final drive...... i was hoping today but it didnt show

Are you building up another bike Joe? I just picked up a set up manual for the gl1000 https://www.ebay.com/itm/311280570849?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I got the rest of my parts from Washington State.. Just a few more thing will be on the way this week..

Attachments

• 20150216_210243.jpg
    20150216_210243.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 20150216_210322.jpg
    20150216_210322.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 20150216_210337.jpg
    20150216_210337.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20150216_210342.jpg
    20150216_210342.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 20150216_210215.jpg
    20150216_210215.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20150216_211658.jpg
    20150216_211658.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 114
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141341#p141341:2ibm2gwl said:
joedrum » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:04 pm[/url]":2ibm2gwl]
im very pumped about this build as i know i help through this great forum way

:hi: Joe,

You are a big jelp to me through all of this. With the time spent on the phone as I was picking your brain on a lot of things I had no one to ask. 2. There would have bee a lot of work not done in a quick answers from you. 3. Others how have been reading along quietly should know that You are a big part of this build. 4. I want to Thank you for all of your time involved in this resurrection of a dream come true for me. :music:

After I get this bike finished (if there is such a thing) I will be happy to wear the shirt and patch with the stickers on the front of my windscreen going to all the meets and be able to say Yeah Those Guys over there @Classic GoldWing.com The form where you want to be in help of an old wing..

Lets not forget Dan :hi: He created the site to where people could go to ask the questions that are not listed in the owners manual..

Slabghost. :hi: also helping me with the charging issues I had and the front master cylinder finding out where to look for the answers.. and along with countless questions.

n2ppn :hi: for letting me know what kind of clamps that held the fuel line on..

omega man for your constant support in applause..

Dan :hi: for checking in on the stud bolts for the exhaust system.

brianpa. :hi: :music: support in questions..

AApple. :hi: Support in this buils also questions answered.

Omegaman. :hi: Again questions answered..

Steve82. :hi: again support in the questions on the bearings..

ansnip. :hi: again support questions and comments..

Tom forman. :hi: On rockers

backlander :hi: also on rockers..

To who I missed you are also thanked. This bike is part of all who was part of it.. I dont have all the answers but you will find them here @classicGoldWings.com A backyard Tech.. :good: :beer: :laptop: :thanks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141359#p141359:25g820n0 said:
dan filipi » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:44 am[/url]":25g820n0]
Gee what a great post but thanks out to you too for letting us join you in your build!
:clapping: Yes indeedy! :thanks:

Latest posts