Update

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got some parts I was waiting for today. Small clamps I thought were not available =..

Attachments

• 20150217_193913.jpg
    20150217_193913.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 179
Weekend update is as follows. I did pick up a better looking rear brake pedal for my gl1000. I also ordered the replacement headlight trim ring with inner hardware. Picked up a new set of LEDS both in 65k in cool white and in blue. I also received my Vetter book that I ordered on line and It LOOKS COOL in great shape with a lot of information on Vetter products. I had to pick up another set of replacement headlight chrome ears. The first set I ordered had a dent in them. Mine are rusted being a Floridian Bike. They will be here by the 7 no later than the 17th. I also picked up a few more Vetter things I have 2 complete Vetter radio catty covers. One is on the bike One is in the original box with the paperwork that came with it back in the day. I did get the bike running @ a steady 1000 rpm and it sounds good . The right bank exhaust is cooler still @ an idle and still smoking some when you romp on it. I did let it idle for about a hr and a half with a box fan shoved between the front wheel to keep the bike from getting hot. By doing this with the weather it stayed at a good temp. No need to use the toggle switch to turn the fan on I have a short clip of the bike running it sounds great,, :music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaLijxi ... e=youtu.be
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaLijxicps0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140238#p140238:1cxaptf4 said:
Ansimp » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:11 pm[/url]":1cxaptf4]
If you are going to change regulator due a full Mofset r/r conversion. I have currently acquired a $28 aud Chinese one which I intend testing soon.
Can you send me a link to what your saying please. I heard something about this thanks.. For now I just picked up both parts from my parts guy in ny https://www.nobullusedmotorcycleparts.com/home.html he is a great guy/ If you get anything tell him Paul from Florida sent you there..

This bike is at the end for parts. I picked up the paint for the lowers and to touch up the fairing. I'm assembling the bike daily. When I get home from work if I'm not tired. I have the valve seals coming so I hope this will take care of the excess smoking (oil). April starts the 2nd engine build. This engine gets the 32/32 stovenbolt carburetor. I'm tossed on runner set up. Either in boots or modded 90's. Need to get a few things to do a bench run like a radiator and a regulator. I have 76 mufflers need to get headers. Odds and ends. this engine will be from the crank out.(76 heads) Internals that I can replace will be new. A fresh engine more less. Head job etc. Back to the bike @ hand. I'll do my paint prep tomorrow maybe if there's time after I install the rest of the parts I have in boxes. :hi: :lazy:

1978 HONDA GOLDWING​

Hello to all GoldWing owners. I now have all the pieces to the puzzle for my restoration prodject I've been working on since I bought this bike sometime ago. There are only a couple things I can honestly say I ever completed in my life here on this planet so far. I've had a lot of dreams that never came true for reasons of not to be. This bike has aloud me to show where I am with my life today. I have always wanted a GoldWing but never thought I could afford one out right and this was true. So I did the next best thing I built one from nothing. I purchased this bike from a impound yard some years ago. I just new I could do something wonderful with this bike with a little time and money. This bike was left to rot out in the Florida sun and rain. I rolled it up on a flatbed tow truck and dropped it off at my house. I come from the poor side of town on the wrong side of the tracks. After many years of hard work and the best woman a man could have by his side I now have a dream come true. Most people have bikes to get out of there minds for awhile or have something thay can tinker with to keep busy and learn the ends and outs. Me on the other hand it is much more that that. I will have a photo album of this creation of mine to show others that all things are possible with a steady focus on the ending prize. So thanks again for all the help here getting my wing under way.

:hi:

Attachments

• Honda goldwing.jpg
    Honda goldwing.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 107
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=144417#p144417:bsn64pwe said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » Yesterday, 7:50 pm[/url]":bsn64pwe]
1978 HONDA GOLDWING​

Hello to all GoldWing owners. I now have all the pieces to the puzzle for my restoration prodject I've been working on since I bought this bike sometime ago. There are only a couple things I can honestly say I ever completed in my life here on this planet so far. I've had a lot of dreams that never came true for reasons of not to be. This bike has aloud me to show where I am with my life today. I have always wanted a GoldWing but never thought I could afford one out right and this was true. So I did the next best thing I built one from nothing. I purchased this bike from a impound yard some years ago. I just new I could do something wonderful with this bike with a little time and money. This bike was left to rot out in the Florida sun and rain. I rolled it up on a flatbed tow truck and dropped it off at my house. I come from the poor side of town on the wrong side of the tracks. After many years of hard work and the best woman a man could have by his side I now have a dream come true. Most people have bikes to get out of there minds for awhile or have something thay can tinker with to keep busy and learn the ends and outs. Me on the other hand it is much more that that. I will have a photo album of this creation of mine to show others that all things are possible with a steady focus on the ending prize. So thanks again for all the help here getting my wing under way.

:hi:
file.php

It's been great following along with your restoration/build and helping wherever we can.

Congrats on a great bike!

Okay heres the update. I have finally figured out that the issues were with the coils there is one that is bad. I also reinstalled the dyna that came with the engine. what the plate is set at in there the bike seems to like the advancement setting and the timing is split. I dont know where the timing is but it fires right up and runs great. When I set the timing back to where it should be the engine falls on it's face. unsure what the deal is with that but I can tell you that they all run crappy with stock timing IMO. So now I need to figure out how to mark that timing spot. because its firing before it comes to the top so I think thats btc. sound great looking better too. I think I could make or buy a wheel that mounts outside on the pully or something I'll figure it out..

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=145868#p145868:2604stzz said:
joedrum » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:09 am[/url]":2604stzz]
yep ...i hardly pay any attension to honda info there the one responsible for making the ignition and carbs a nightmare ... glad you found the sweet spot

Yup. That thing runs better advanced Lost of power pull.. :music: