V's Hooched out dresser get's a fuel source

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105931#p105931:2p79e36s said:
joedrum » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:54 pm[/url]":2p79e36s]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROS-1981-FORD-M ... 5204637%26

here it is 82a

tx joe, got mine yesterday & looks brand new, ad said
ROS 1981 FORD/MERCURY FOR 1.6L 98 CI ENGINE 2 BARREL REMAN CARBURETOR

learned about what ROS means, can't find it now but but pretty sure Reman Old Stock
ad also claims all this
You are looking at a professionally remanufactured carburetor from United Remanufacturing. From core to finished product, this carburetor was rebuilt to factory pre-set internal and external settings. In addition, this carburetor was tested on an engine simulator to ensure OEM specs are met or exceeded.

Fits: 1981 FORD/MERCURY with 1.6l 98ci engine with standard transmissions. This is a 2 barrel Holley carburetor.
Returns are accepted within 14 days of the purchase as long as the carburetor was never installed.

All remanufactured units are/have:

• 100% complete with choke pull-offs and electronics, where applicable.

• Superior quality/longer lasting vacuum hose material.

• 100% new needles and seats.

• 100% new gas filters.

• Flow meter tested to meet or exceed OEM specifications.

• 100% new gaskets.

• 100% new accelerator pumps.

seller ended up accepting a 50 buck offer

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106483#p106483:2wla18sc said:
dan filipi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:27 am[/url]":2wla18sc]
Off topic posts removed.

i disagree and am disappointment with what i am seeing lately,

a link was posted by joe to a suitable carb,

in looking into it personally, turned out that some ebay ads were just wrong so easy to end up with the wrong carb

as far as i'm concerned, that's very relevant to everyone, in sorting it out, not to mention misinformation on this site

new information also came up as far as suitable carbs,

because of the way this was dealt with, including your comments that have come up a few times now recently
Let's get this discussion steered back on topic with V's build!

If you want to talk suppliers and types of carbs bla bla, start a new topic!

i do not and will not support these recent moves, particularly when this site has shown, and continues to show lotsa blah blah not only from main players, but from folks that run the show

with the recent things that has happen in the single testing ... and the clear evidence that the transistion plate is to the type 4 manifold ... it has been decided that this will be modified to the custom manifold here ... and the baffles that were put in I guess to try and help atomization removed and baiclly replaced by transition plate as better and more effective.... I may also try and cut down on volume space elsewhere in plenum angling square corners out inside with kind of filler maybe ... pass that it is set up a lot like yours dan with about 1" runners to intake horns ... so I see this as very capable set up now and cant wait for new transistion plates to arrive .... slab also sent one for me too to put on hooch I am very appreciate of....as this is how things work together as several projects are boosted by complete one for all all for one approach of this forum ...couldn't be better place :clapping: :builder: :mrgreen:

I do not like the way this work out ... I was kind of knock down when I really seen this was not going to center things well ...I mean I knew it wasn't perfect but it seems real bad to me now sheesh kind of stun ....it really is just not a good method to make runners strait from intake horns into common plenum ...and expect any kind of even flow
image.php

well the first fitting on the bike proved to be fruitless ....this manifold was well built but it was built for a 1000 ... on the 1200 when extended to 1200 width ... it became apparent how off the angles were to hook up to motor ...it was obvious that it was going to be a nightmare to try and seal ...cant say enough about how well its made but it just dosnt fit anything right ....sheesh im sure it could be bolted to 1000 or 1100 and work ..just no way on 1200 ..it off just eough I have no confidence in it ...so major good work assassination is on the table to fit this deal ..... :builder:

so new plan ....at first I thought this deal would match dan build a lot in runner size .... basically 1" ID ....now that it don't hook up ..im changing runner set up .....the runners will be cut at the plenum with stubs to connect hose too ...the stubs will be 1"ID and from there 1 1/4"ID will go from there to intake horns ... making this more like the way hooch is setup with its 1200 motor.....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106529#p106529:3t56rfdq said:
Dusterdude » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:24 pm[/url]":3t56rfdq]
He sold me mine for 50 also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm gonna get the jets/innards info to add to the other 3 on another thread,

i carb i got from a private seller was listed for a manual tranny

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106676#p106676:6ll7zzr8 said:
82a » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:22 pm[/url]":6ll7zzr8]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106529#p106529:6ll7zzr8 said:
Dusterdude » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:24 pm[/url]":6ll7zzr8]

And this post fits here how? :headscratch:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106677#p106677:gkwkcj6n said:
slabghost » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:31 pm[/url]":gkwkcj6n]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106676#p106676:gkwkcj6n said:
82a » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:22 pm[/url]":gkwkcj6n]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106529#p106529:gkwkcj6n said:
Dusterdude » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:24 pm[/url]":gkwkcj6n]

And this post fits here how? :headscratch:
my apologies, i just found this posting that i was unaware of
viewtopic.php?p=105471#p105471
What some may not know is we have a private moderator forum where we discuss these things.
One rule is coming down that the moderators deal with issues with a heavy hand, no discussion.
I trust the moderators here as we all try to use sense in our moderation. I also trust that if there is an issue, it's a real issue and they done right.
I will back up the moderators as much as possible but everyone makes mistakes sometime.
We are not perfect and for the most part we expect everyone to moderate themselves.
We are all adults here and your expected to act like one.

i don't see any fairness in how this is being applied, to say the least

image.php

ok this is where the old carb was mounted ..it was two circle cuts rough in and oval so far ..needs a bit of trimming yet :hihihi: ...this will be the bottom now .. it will be plated ....the way the manifold is made thrunners went uphill to the horns causing draining into the plenum ...I couldn't have that
image.php

the bottom had a water heating deal welded to it ,, that I cut and grinded off ,,, as this will be the new top ... pain in butt ...seems the rough cut runner stubs will even out some a little further down the road here ....basically ID of inside runners is 1" at stubs
image.php

image.php

in this shot you can see how the carb transition will be on the bottom now as top ... transition is sitting carb in 90degrees different than type 4 plenum ....
image.php

image.php

carb that is going on the the junkyard dog
from the runner stubs a I plan on using hose of 1 1/4"ID right into intake horns ...ive read all the BS tech and gone through it ... the egg heads out there talk like this is rocket science ..it not .. only dim people could possibly find this hard IMHO or above common sense ...the manifold is a oneway device in best circumstances you don twant back flow ... so to me it is super mod to put choke as I call it .. not what technoids call it ... at plenum outlets this will reduce back flow and cause a natural onewat path ... I have also found that funneling the outlet on the outlet side is no good ... turbulence here is a good thing as it even enhances the oneway properties of the flow ...funneling the intake side towards plenum is good ...once the charge get into larger runners it is caught to a degree by the mention above just long enough to add punch to the charge as it is in expansion chamber compartment right to piston ...noe this all applys to the oldwing very small motor ... you just cant get the carb to far from such a high reving small motor without proper plumbing to keep flow fast and responsive from 0 to 8000 rpm ...so what I am saying here applies to oldwing motor not all motors ... just as the carb 2to1 transition piece too is carb enhancer for oldwing motor :builder:

awe it time ... the junk yard dog and it already hooched out 1200 powerplant is in the cross hairs everyhing is shifting to this build now that weberize hooch is done deal ....

it has been my obsevation after long time dedication to a simpler and just totally better carburation setup for these 1200 hooched motors i am building has become a super modification all develope and modified by this forum .....and its way of backing anyones effort ... there are always the few discounters but they dont last long on this forum ....

what great leaning experience not to let BS tech blab have any influence on your projects ...this has led to a wealth of real learning ...what a bonus super prize of knowledge....

JUNK YARD DOG TIME HAS COME :builder: