Whaddaya drive when you're not on your 'Wing? (just pics)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andyb":2gspzeyp said:
Gerry, I like the fact that you have that huge smile while you are working. I want to enjoy my work that much.
Andy..I gotta admit that when I am driving a boat...ship...tug (doesn't matter which) I really enjoy it! However, at the moment I am driving a desk and going to shipyards overseeing construction of these same boats and ships! :cry:

Okay...okay....back on topic! Enough about boats! Here is my other ride:

Attachments

• 2011_Ford_Focus.jpg
    2011_Ford_Focus.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 104
Since my 'Wing is back in Norfolk (VA), and I'm enjoyin' the dry sunny days out here in So Cal, figured I'd post a couple of links to some photos that were taken while I was riding my '84 Ascot VT500 down Mulholland Highway to The Rock Store. Apparently, some local photographers take pictures on some of the canyon roads around here, and you can check them out and purchase them if you so desire. He put some of them together to form a panoramic picture, which was pretty cool.

Robert_SpecialA.jpg

WJC_0799_Crop.jpg

Yeah, I know I'm wearing running shoes, and a windbreaker, and Nomex gloves, lol! But I am looking thru the downhill right-hander I'm about to enter, knees squeezing the gas tank, already in the gear I want to be in (left foot isn't on the shifter), setting myself up in the lane, etc. Say what you will about the left coast, but knowing I can be out riding over the holidays on roads like this makes those cross-country flights worthwhile (that and spending Xmas with my family!).

toytender01":1ut5mfpb said:
Hey Robert are you in the back or front, do you always ride with those other 3 guys? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :whistling: :ahem:

Bob - maybe my meds are making me paranoid or something, but I have this funny feeling I'm being followed EVERYWHERE I go, lol...

bronzestarvue":1p77exkp said:
toytender01":1p77exkp said:
Hey Robert are you in the back or front, do you always ride with those other 3 guys? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :whistling: :ahem:

Bob - maybe my meds are making me paranoid or something, but I have this funny feeling I'm being followed EVERYWHERE I go, lol...

Hey, in this pic, taken by a different guy, I'm by myself...oh wait, I bet if you expanded the picture, those other three clowns would be right behind me, lol...

I'll admit though, that little 500cc Ascot is an absolute hoot to ride in the canyons, especially now that I have a Galfer cross-drilled rotor, s/s line, and organic brake pads up front...not so much on the freeways, but that's what I have the 'Wing for!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf ... 599725855/

Here's mine, a 97 Chevy Silvy 235,000mi and still going strong.

moto_0124.jpg

(Just look past that beautiful, blue, beast in the fore ground.)

Ya would not want to see the rust bucket I drive in this rust belt, I put a wood bed on her 4 yrs. ago and the rest has just :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :ahem:

The side view is identical but not mine (took off net), rear view is mine. 02 Windstar The Kia is Dani's.

Attachments

• 02 Ford Windstar.jpg
    02 Ford Windstar.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMGP0054.JPG
    IMGP0054.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMGP0150.JPG
    IMGP0150.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 102
A '55 Chrysler land yacht!! STUNNING! Lots o room in that baby, eh? :good: :clapping:

AApple":376bpfws said:
A '55 Chrysler land yacht!! STUNNING! Lots o room in that baby, eh? :good: :clapping:
Close on the year & altho I didn't say I thought it was a Desoto. Much the same mind you. No matter still beautiful. All my cages were and still are land yachts mind you my 65 98 & 67 New Yorker would make that big Windstar look small. Always had big cars. I hate Dani`s car. Feels like I am riding in a go cart. Worse than a ridgid frame Hog. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts