What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112510#p112510:252t70eq said:
mcgovern61 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:13 am[/url]":252t70eq]
New windshield is in!! :yahoo: :party: (Looks great!!)

Can't install until I remove everything else again!! :rant: :crying:
Yeah, changing the windshield isn't hard it's just a PITA.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112510#p112510:r4r6iubv said:
mcgovern61 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:13 pm[/url]":r4r6iubv]
New windshield is in!! :yahoo: :party: (Looks great!!)

Can't install until I remove everything else again!! :rant: :crying:

It will be worth it in the end.

Put in a couple hundred miles on the GL1800, Cumberland Falls, Big South Fork (twice - 92 and 297), Monticello Kentucky for some Pool Room hamburgers. Neighbor followed on his VTX1300. I didn't realize how small their tanks were.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Mpg started decreasing, smelled gas occasionally, found stain running down engine block below OEM fuel pump. Removed it and it was seeping where it's pressed together. Bike still ran good, got a little hard to start,so I figured it was loosing prime after it was shut off. Put my spare aftermarket pump on that was perfect when I replaced it with the OEM I just took off. Got it all installed, yep it started leaking also. Removed new aftermarket pump from Atila project bike, installed it and Suzy is happy now, cranks right up, runs smoother and is quite peppy, actually has a little roar in her pipes now. Guess the fuel pressure was not quite right with the leaking OEM. Whole day of work for a fuel pump.

Rode mine today....super nice ridin weather for the ride home...80*! :yahoo:
I think my oil pressure sender is leaking....got a trail of erl runnin down the right side of the engine right in that area. The fun never ends, eh? :head bang:

Made the wrong speedo cable fit and sprayed silicon spray up the shaft to get rid of the wine and bearing drag. Topped up with petrol ( now it's an Aussie bike) / gas so that I will be able to get some mileage figures. So far I have managed to ride all week, so over 2 tanks of gas through the a Rats Nest this week.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112963#p112963:1tbynweo said:
Houndheadjr » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:18 am[/url]":1tbynweo]
:0fftopic: Changed the head gasket on tractor, with the bike watching
Dont give the bike any Ideas :mrgreen:

Tore it down and changed the rear tire..again.....I'm gettin purdy gud at it, too. :sensored: I went and got my tar musheen outta the storage place. It weren't a lot of gud, but it definitely made breaking the beads 1000% easier. Managed to save most of the Dynabeads, again, and re-inserted them into the new tar. Finished up and took it down the road a piece. Now watch it figgin RAIN all week.... :rant:
View media item 22617
:smilie_happy:

Oh yeah...I did find a chunk of a steel belted radial tire stuck in it when it went down on me the other day, and I think that's what punctured it. I saved the piece, but din't take any pics today....I'll get some later of the piece, and the hole in the tar. :good:

Latest posts