What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't do anything to it, but I worked all day so I can send my carbs off to Pistol Pete's. Then when I got home I played around with the buffer and timing belt covers and seeing what works best and looks better.

replaced rear brake pads. put my new shock covers on. time for a short ride. a test ride of sorts ya might say. yee haw

Yesterday on the 1200 engine I got the cam holders and seals placed and torqued down, valve covers and timing belts on.
Should have belt covers today so I can start installing the front cam drive ignition.
Sure hope these covers fit. The left cover I have is too shallow to bolt on.

Beautiful day today, went riding some more civil war trails and state parks, stop to use boy's room at one and got home four hours later with the scoot riding a trailer. Looks like the ignition switch bit the dust when I killed it. NO electrical when I got ready to leave.
WP_20140330_010.jpg

+1 on the fuse thingy. btdt!
I also had my ignition switch take a poop on me not too long ago. Prolly not the same set-up that's in yours, but it might be. I have pics in my Gallery of mine dis-assembled, if it helps. Hope it's just a fuse, tho. :beg:

Definitely ignition switch. Power thru solenoid, main fuse, radio-cb works, hazard lights work. No power to fuse box, LCD dash. Hooked up my jumper from battery to + teminal of headlight fuse, everything powered up with the ignition key in on or off position. It fired right up. Now don't use that little piece of info to "borrow" someones goldwing. :smilie_happy: I had left my jumper at home that I carry all the time for emergencies like this and in case I lost my ignition key, or else I could have rode it home. That's what I get for not putting stuff back where it belongs. Now to change out the switch. Thanks for the replies.

Have you checked for an ignition switch repair kit? The one that replaces the plastic connections? ... I did that on my 1100 saves two sets of keys one for the ignition and the other for the rest of the bike... jmho and it worked for me... Basically it is two tabs that hold it in... you need the key to turn the switch to on to make the switch easy..

I got a couple of spares with keys, one I've already been through,cleaned and bagged up ready to go. The only part I hate is tearing things apart to put it in but that's just part of it. Thanks.

Waiting on UPS to deliver my new windshield. The one on mine now has several circles showing cracking looks like tiny spider webbing.. hazed over, and when sun is lighting it up... hard to make out bumps in road... then it will be shield, mirrors, driving lights, cb installs and ground issue chasing... that between bits of rain...

Spent two hours today putting in the replacement ignition switch, everything is now working fine, decided to check the lights, headlight is out, dang it!! :head bang: Took one step to left, kicked the Gremlin Bell to wake his butt up :lazy: , anyone know where a bike blessing is fixing to happen ? Changed name of :cheeky: bike to Trailer Trash (Tony) for two weeks as punishment and to adjust her attitude. LOL Enough is enough. :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113608#p113608:1xjv4dyy said:
backlander » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:00 pm[/url]":1xjv4dyy]
Spent two hours today putting in the replacement ignition switch, everything is now working fine, decided to check the lights, headlight is out, dang it!! :head bang: Took one step to left, kicked the Gremlin Bell to wake his butt up :lazy: , anyone know where a bike blessing is fixing to happen ? Changed name of :cheeky: bike to Trailer Trash (Tony) for two weeks as punishment and to adjust her attitude. LOL Enough is enough. :smilie_happy:
Lol.

Took my 83 GL1100/12 out for it's first test ride.
Oh I likes it!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113608#p113608:27qyr496 said:
backlander » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:00 am[/url]":27qyr496]

That will teach SuzyQ for misbehaving :smilie_happy: :moped:

did the registration for her online last nite, gave her a look in the garage still have to put the seat back on her and install the battery back in her , driveway is just to soft and muddy right now, I can wait a few more days :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113649#p113649:35g44t5a said:
[email protected] » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm[/url]":35g44t5a]
I took the battery out of my burnt 1500. it still said 7 volts on the meter. thought maybe I could charge it up and use in the 1200 I just got. wrong. had side melted halfway up.
file.php
Good lawdy, how did that happen?

~O~

Latest posts