What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted the rack. It's my first try at painting chrome. I'm doubtful it's going to stick and afraid I'll have to strip it and do it all over. I should have started with a smaller piece like the engine guard but I need this to get the fender and seat back on. I do love that Krylon hammered finish :lust: !

Attachments

• 20160606_190058[1].jpg
    20160606_190058[1].jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 20160606_190809[1].jpg
    20160606_190809[1].jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 20160606_200518[1].jpg
    20160606_200518[1].jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 217
I rode mine for the first time in two weeks....been raining every friggin day here until today! :yahoo:

Rode her to work today... It was only 114F on the way home. Thank goodness for my cool gear. :cool:

Oh yeah, I'd like to meet the guy who invented the saying "but it's a dry heat," so I could kick him in da nutz. :mischief:

~O~

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174639#p174639:juzadm3t said:
Omega Man » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:54 pm[/url]":juzadm3t]
Rode her to work today... It was only 114F on the way home. Thank goodness for my cool gear. :cool:

Oh yeah, I'd like to meet the guy who invented the saying "but it's a dry heat," so I could kick him in da nutz. :mischief:

~O~

I love dry heat :yes:

well i screwed up! I haven't ridden my wing in a week or more and the last time I rode it I realized that the key was in the ignition after I got in the house but I wasn't opening up the cycle shelter just to get a key. today I went out to go for a ride on the wing andthere the key was in the ignition ...... in the " on " position. without getting angry at myself I went in the house and got the battery charger hooked it up to the wing and put it on 10a, hope this blunder doesn't kill my eight year old odyssey

I'm TRYING to put the thing back together but being messed up by the simplest crap. I wanted new lock nuts for the rear shock studs and other hardware to get the fender and rack on. Had to borrow a metric thread gauge form my boss at work. Went to 2 hardware stores and they only have bright zinc plated. That wasn't a surprise. So next day I took them to work and bead blasted them so I could paint them to match. Painted them. Everything is the wrong size. Studs are 10 x 1.25 fine thread. I got the 1.25 right but bought 12mm. :head bang: The 8x60mm were just a few mm too short to reach through the rack and fender. I might be able to make them work with some struggle. Another trip to the store. Didn't realize how late it was- store was closed. Went to OTHER store. I think maybe I have what I need now. Will glass bead them tomorrow and maybe after a week of trying I can bolt the darned fender on! I'm going to bed.

We I did the intake runner seals on Val yesterday I also installed a 12/18w H4 LED replacement bulb. I want to change the neutral and flasher lights to brighter LEDs but I couldn't figure out how they came apart so I just buttoned it up with the new LED headlight bulb. Today I installed the Bad Boy air horn and changed the coolant, I also cleaned out the overflow bottle with pebbles and sand. I am riding atm ( had to pick up a timing belt kit for our daughters new 2010 Liberty) and stopped off for a coffee at Maccas. :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174698#p174698:ksfge285 said:
slabghost » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:24 pm[/url]":ksfge285]
She'll find out the Liberty is a few steps down from the Subaru. Hopefully before it's sold.
Sorry Slab it is a 2010 Subaru Liberty/Legacy not a Jeep Liberty ( should not of bought a Jeep :doh: , the answer to the " Bought a Jeep" campaign)
I tried to get her to buy a new Hyundai but she wanted a 6 year old Subaru instead. I must of passed on that flat engine gene :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174706#p174706:153zug2i said:
brianinpa » Today, 7:30 am[/url]":153zug2i]
After a long busy week at work, I'm taking the day off to go for a ride and do some fishing.

:party:

Good combination, good plan.

Those Bad Boy's are the best small air horn's i've ever seen, or heard. :good: Harbor sell's em for $40, with 20% off, less than $35 out the door. :yahoo: Have em on all three my 1200's, will have em on my 1500, & car's when fund's are available :yes:

Rode out early this morning to Beaudesert with the gang that were meeting there for an overnight ride to Texas, Qld west and near the NSW border. After that I headed to Springwood to meet up with the VJMC boys and also Derek who sold me Val. Next stop was the shed of one of the VJMC boys who has all pre 80s bikes that he builds for himself and some customers. Finally I made it to my daughters place which was just around the corner from there. I want to pull the tank again and tie back the horn relay feed wire, so I have been running on reserve for half the day with a 5 ltr top up. On the way home I stopped for some fish and chips and I was going to add another 2 litres to be safe but I decided to chance it. Only made it as far as the gate and ran out of fuel. :doh:
So after eating our fish and chip lunch I headed back down and put about a litre in, just enough to make it up the dreaded driveway. At least the tank should be nice and light with hardly any fuel in it now. :yes:

Latest posts