What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled a nail out of a front tire that has about 3200 miles on it then I listened to a sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sound. :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:

Thankfully Shinkos don't cost an arm and a leg!

Gave mine(and myself) a bath on the way home from werk....dang sudden storm hit me....we got SOAKED.... :rant:

Put new pads front and rear on my bike and took it for a ride, I cant tell you how wonderful it is to use the brakes without any squeal or noise at all..How luxurious it is.

Cleaned and polished the last of the engine parts. Did a "gutless" assembly (no internal parts) to make sure I have everything done. Still trying to find new rod bearings for #1 and #3 - without the oil holes. I have everything else I need to build this engine! One of these days... :builder: :laptop: :whistling:

It may never run, but damn, it sure is purdy!!!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89006#p89006:3444vktd said:
AlaskaWing » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:51 pm[/url]":3444vktd]Let out about 20 lbs from the front forks. Who knew that it was overpressure from the PO!!!

Wow what a difference. I had no idea I wasnt supposed to feel those bumps like that!

Wow, lucky it didn't blow the seals. I also found out recently strapping a bike to trailer at the handlebars can blow the seals if the trailer hits a good bump/hole in the road. :shock:

Just finished giving Crystal a much needed bath(then myself it's 106F atm :heat: ).

~O~

My front air get pushed out at the first pump, Only had the bike 2 weeks now, got it out of small shed where the PO had it tucked away.... after finding my re-useable fuel filter plugged completely off, and a few other issues its going down to the frame this afternoon and and getting a proper going over.
How it looked the day i brought it home
2013-07-02 13.46.39.jpg

and as it looks now
2013-07-16 19-1.57.45.jpg

Made one fairing out of the 3 I got with the bike,
came with spare headers, put CX500 mufflers on
rear fender is from a virago 500, front fender from a CX500
got 2 radio kits not sure if i will add it or not
Shinko tires
Custom made solo seat with a sheepskin to cover the seat/frame rails
Will post pics as it gets rebuilt over the next few days.

Built me an aluminum dash plate to mount my voltmeter and two 20 amp lighted rocker switches, one for the cooling fan and one for the driving lights. Mounted it to the right fairing pocket.
IMG02199-20130719-1339.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89581#p89581:2ckn1j35 said:
Fetacheese » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:40 pm[/url]":2ckn1j35]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89550#p89550:2ckn1j35 said:
KCF » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 am[/url]":2ckn1j35]My front air get pushed out at the first pump, Only had the bike 2 weeks now, got it out of small shed where the PO had it tucked away.... after finding my re-useable fuel filter plugged completely off, and a few other issues its going down to the frame this afternoon and and getting a proper going over.
How it looked the day i brought it home
View attachment 2
and as it looks now
View attachment 1

Made one fairing out of the 3 I got with the bike,
came with spare headers, put CX500 mufflers on
rear fender is from a virago 500, front fender from a CX500
got 2 radio kits not sure if i will add it or not
Shinko tires
Custom made solo seat with a sheepskin to cover the seat/frame rails
Will post pics as it gets rebuilt over the next few days.
file.php

Looking at the second picture,
Heck ,cover the seat black and it could be the Lynx's last years twin.
Looks good,Bro.
file.php

Right on . I was going ot do my Gl in a blue as well, but any Harley I ever painted blue gave me trouble.... LOL...
I have mine to the frame, engine out and painted black pearl, with a bit of metallic... looks good will re-polish the timing and valve covers, after I sand and paint the frame.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89600#p89600:1foo8oxr said:
backlander » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:25 pm[/url]":1foo8oxr]Built me an aluminum dash plate to mount my voltmeter and two 20 amp lighted rocker switches, one for the cooling fan and one for the driving lights. Mounted it to the right fairing pocket.
file.php

Looks good.. the PO of my Gl put a small 12 v compressor in the right fairing pocket with 20 ft of hose and a gauge on the cover... good Idea but wasted lots of space in the pocket.... I know know why he mounted it in there the front air suspension is shot... will hold air until the first bit bumps and then right to nothing.

Glad i have a spare GL for parts :Egyptian:

Good choice on the Black pearl. That's my second favorite next to Burnt Orange pearl. Hmmmm,black and Orange pearl.?[/quote]

I have a burnt orange metallic with a prism effect clear coat... will do a test run over the weekend of a side bag cover or something to test out the effect

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89642#p89642:2uyz1bz8 said:
KCF » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:31 pm[/url]":2uyz1bz8]Good choice on the Black pearl. That's my second favorite next to Burnt Orange pearl. Hmmmm,black and Orange pearl.?

I have a burnt orange metallic with a prism effect clear coat... will do a test run over the weekend of a side bag cover or something to test out the effect[/quote]

Are talking about that Chameleon clear? It looks very cool.

~O~

Took the '06 in to the dealer to have them check an occasional 11 code - speed sensor, as it is nearing the end of her Extended Warranty, and I want it documented (in case it gets worse after the warranty is out). Bought a set of snap gauges and measured the bores on #1&3 of the GL1000, all within .04 mm. Worked on the left head more . Getting close on it, but gaskets will be the main hold-up, I fear.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts