what did you do today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221209#p221209:v82falsn said:
dan filipi » February 22nd, 2021, 7:25 am[/url]":v82falsn]
Great to see you’re stripping back to the studs. I’ve wired so many older homes where they bypass that so plumbing and electric make separate messes opening up. Then there’s patches to do everywhere or they skin the walls and ceilings with 1/4” drywall. In the end still no insulation or they do that blown in crap in each bay.

I do love the old plaster & lathe walls though. We have them throughout our homes.

Not the most fuel efficient, but they are nicer than drywall IMO.

Luckily our home is one story, so if I ever do get around to rewiring it, I shouldn't have to rip out the walls.

Painted the tank, oil tank, and side cover for my RD400c. Waterborne paint. My first experience with it. Meh. I'm more comfortable with lacquer (2K clear coat over either).
DSC08376.JPG

Rednaxs60":3jnuzppi said:
Looks very nice. Once it has cured and hardened, should be able to use 2K clear. Do a test piece to confirm.
Thanks. By the vendor's instructions, one hour and then clear. They actually recommend not waiting over night. So, it is clear coated (the waterborne dries quite mat).

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221270#p221270:qfhlrp9y said:
pidjones » Yesterday, 8:38 pm[/url]":qfhlrp9y]
Rednaxs60":qfhlrp9y said:
Looks very nice. Once it has cured and hardened, should be able to use 2K clear. Do a test piece to confirm.
Thanks. By the vendor's instructions, one hour and then clear. They actually recommend not waiting over night. So, it is clear coated (the waterborne dries quite mat).

Still like the colour, similar to the green metal flake of my 2011 KIA Soul. Going to be very striking once you get the painted parts on the bike and outside. I took my '85 Limited Edition over to a friends house the other day, had him come out and stroke my ego so to speak - we all need a little every now and then. You'll be able to do the same.

I'm still playing around with the idea of buying a GL1100 headlight assembly.

Too bad the ones I see on eBay are rusty, nasty things that would probably have to be replated (if the results of plating pitted chrome is worthwhile - I don't have the experience).

There's reproduction headlights, but they don't seem to have the same dimensions as the original.

And why? IDK. Really, the Vetter fairing is fine, I just like the look of the naked Goldwing, and mine started out as a naked one.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221296#p221296:1r0mjdza said:
detdrbuzzard » Today, 2:17 pm[/url]":1r0mjdza]
i got a M / c boot on my right foot today, started to take a ride but thought better of it
Can’t keep William down, it won’t be long!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221288#p221288:1nds1p39 said:
saganaga » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:23 am[/url]":1nds1p39]
I'm still playing around with the idea of buying a GL1100 headlight assembly.

Too bad the ones I see on eBay are rusty, nasty things that would probably have to be replated (if the results of plating pitted chrome is worthwhile - I don't have the experience).

There's reproduction headlights, but they don't seem to have the same dimensions as the original.

And why? IDK. Really, the Vetter fairing is fine, I just like the look of the naked Goldwing, and mine started out as a naked one.

When I took my Vetter off and went back to Standard, I found a headlight and fork tube setup from I believe a Honda '81 CB750K. They were the same as the 1100 Goldwing (But half the price on Ebay). The turn signal ears on the fork tubes is the hardest item to find.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=221302#p221302:267t0994 said:
mcgovern61 » Today, 9:11 am[/url]":267t0994]
When I took my Vetter off and went back to Standard, I found a headlight and fork tube setup from I believe a Honda '81 CB750K. They were the same as the 1100 Goldwing (But half the price on Ebay). The turn signal ears on the fork tubes is the hardest item to find.

I found some stock ears that are good enough for everyday riding, but aren't show grade. They are sitting in my parts pile right now.

End of a 16 day sentence in my "cell". Back to work today. Here's where I started.
DSC02744.JPG

End of day 3.
DSC02753.JPG

End of day 16.
DSC02761.JPG

Have to put the feet back on the tub. Waiting for fixtures to come in. May have a second toilet next weekend. Man, does my body hurt!

Wow. I used the same floor tile pattern years ago in my wife's bathroom. Never could get the hang of the initial bedding in, and hired a pro for that. Then I grouted and sealed it. Yours looks very nice!

the weather was pretty good so i got out for my first ride this year. i installed the battery in the Mighty ST 1300 and got it started up and gave it a quick bath. i put the battery for the GSA and headed over to my nieces house and got the battery installed in the GSA. stopped by a friends house that stays close by then made one stop for a couple pic's on my way back home, the foot didn't like the cold air on the return trip

Attachments

• 20210309_162634.jpg
    20210309_162634.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210309_162628.jpg
    20210309_162628.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 92
I'm still mostly out-of-commission with my right leg in a brace whilst this knee surgery heals, but I did gimp my way out the to the barn and plug in the trickle charger on the '84. It was down a bit (the OEM LCD clock is still connected... I should nix it on account that it is rather power-hungry) but she's now topped-up and ready to go. One of these days, after I'm healed, I'll let that dawg hunt, and we'll go gobble up a couple hundred miles of pavement... but for now, I'm just enjoying the ability to crutch my way outside and enjoy fresh air... and all that snow and ice being totally vanished!!!

Saw a few brave riders out in 50-something weather today. Also more than a few people in shorts.

But snow tomorrow.