Working on my solex mod

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok guys the accelerator pump is just a brief burst ..wont cause no long lasting anything ...usually when not right it will bog then burst off if jetted good ....ok if your carb has choke plate and you used it manually...you should be able to tell if its lean or rich ... if you started choking it if it started to run better and not bog ...the jetting is to lean ...if it bogs like before or worst then its rich ....this helped me a lot dialing in my carb at first ...eventually it took coke plates off as i need all the air i could get ....hope this helps you some guys

Agreed, accel pump is only a momentary deal so little effect to mpg.

If you are lean, you should feel a surge of power right at the start of your twist on acceleration then as soon as that extra gas burns off from the accel pump, the power will drop back. This can be felt during a continuous acceleration while riding and happens fast.
Twist surge.

Too lean on the jetting can cause lower mpg just as too rich can because power is lower.
I'm not there to feel it on a ride but I expect you're too lean on primary.

Dialed back the pump stroke to about 25% was set at 50. Still bogs down a bit when I hit the throttle. Gonna set it to minimum stroke and see what happens

set the accelerator pump to minimum stroke and its still bogs down unless i just barely advance the throttle, over Thanksgiving weekend Im gonna disconnect the accel pump and see what happens.

Have you set the mixture screw for highest rpm and highest manifold vacuum? How many turns out from lightly seated is it now? Seems to me it's running rich.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=163407#p163407:kd1ygsfj said:
slabghost » Today, 1:56 pm[/url]":kd1ygsfj]
Have you set the mixture screw for highest rpm and highest manifold vacuum? How many turns out from lightly seated is it now? Seems to me it's running rich.

Got the mix screw 3 turns open but I thought that only applies to the idle circuit