4 inch pulley anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow this post goes all over the place !!! :smilie_happy: ..... to answer something poorboy said the keyway cut in the bottom of the pulley does contact the key and locks the pulley in place . and the v-belt pulley is shorter then the serpentine pulley by about an 1/8 inch and this will allow the radiator to come back alittle closer to the original location . everything is being worked on and should be ready really soon , thanks all

dan filipi":29qv1a8t said:
My pulley sit's flat against the end of the crankshaft as I can only imagine the others do also.
There is one important difference in mine, this is where the keyway comes in.
My pulley has a smaller center diameter which sits into the extension of the front timing belt pulley.
The key the pulley is taking advantage of is the one for the timing belt pulleys already there which sticks out just a tad further than the belt pulleys.

Where it says "Trim to fit" That is the extension that sits in the belt pulley.
The keyway dimensions are there just not on the drawing.

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

P.S. No need to trim anything to fit.
This pulley fits perfectly into the belt pulley when machined as drawn.
I would suggest though the pulley extension should be another 1/8" to aid in bolt and cover clearance.
This could be different on a 1200 but the drawing was made using a 1200 as a template.

I'm not as mechanical as most of you guys but a Blind man can see Countryboy and Dan are 100% on the mark when they talk about using the keyway as part of the design.

I'm Thankful too, Countryboy and Dan, patience is key fella's, I am confident and very impressed at the same time with you, testing the fit is perfect, I'm getting excited about all the lights and crap I can put on the bike...I want the bike to glow, you know blue lights going straight down at night, cool beans..Countryboy what you are saying is the pulley is shorter meaning that it's less wider than the serpentine type because it's a v-type, but still clears the covers fine, right, is that what your saying? Good job man good job...This is most awesome, I like the keyway idea..so perhaps in a month or so I can start buying parts to put this conversion together, yeehaaa

I had posted earlier about the need for a spacer between the radiator and the motor due to moving the bottom of the radiator out to clear the crankshaft pulley. I visited Jegs and they were able to find a spacer that is almost a perfect match. It is a spacer for a big block Chevey water pump. Two in the package. You need to trim about a 1/2" from the radiator hose.

067-1.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

Well if that just don't beat all Bill, awesome, And the bolts in the package are metric or did the stock one's reach? What store did you purchase this kit sir? it would appear that you used a little gasket sealer too, good idea.. So the part number is #63610 for a Big block chevy and it's called a water pump spacer, now this is team work...right now all I can do is cheer everyone on, Hey at least I found the hard to find bolt..

Joe what are you talking about Joe I said big block didn't I, oh man ha ha Joe what's a big lock Chevy? aaaah Joe so you don't think you lost it, I was still proof reading my post for errors and I fixed it about the time you posted ha ha I think that's funny.. Pretty awesome find is right, good team work around here man..

I have that same dip stick in the photo on my Ginger..that water pump spacer is gonna make life so much easier for lots of guys doing this..I'm thankful for it..

Yes the teamwork on this project is awesome guys!

Let's get this mod done all the way to complete then we can put all our names on it.
When the time comes we'll have to come up with a name for the kit.

Great Find,......Chevy :cheeky: to bad it couldn't be a FORD spacer :smilie_happy: !! Still a great find, guess I'll have to :rant: :rant: Buy one!! :smilie_happy: :thanks: :hi: Bob

Just went to the local Ace Hardware and found 6mm bolts that were 1/2" longer than the combined spacer, gaskets and the neck for the radiator hose. Since the holes in the spacer is around 7/16 you might want to purchase some spacers to help keep the bolts centered in the block spacer. This is not really necessary if you are careful to hold the spacer in the proper position as you tighten the bolts.

yes the spacer is a great find ,, thanks bill . i will need to know if anyone is thinking about useing the raceing chevy altenator , i am making the bracket for mine and i am going to try to get a few more cut out at the same time . if you are interested in using the same altenator then every part i am making will fit you perfact

countryboy843":10mg1z8q said:
yes the spacer is a great find ,, thanks bill . i will need to know if anyone is thinking about useing the raceing chevy altenator , i am making the bracket for mine and i am going to try to get a few more cut out at the same time . if you are interested in using the same altenator then every part i am making will fit you perfact
Countryboy I want what you have, I want the brackets too, Please sir, I am going to purchase a racing alt. I have a 81 and everything should fit..How much for the brackets and the pulley guy's and don't cheat yourselves? Are you just about ready to mount that sucker? It sure sounds like it to me, your last photo's excited me, can't wait to see it finished, :Egyptian:

mcgovern61":w6du24o1 said:
littlebeaver":w6du24o1 said:
I shall be patient..
Not likely! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Better sit on your hands for a while Beav! :smilie_happy:
I will be good and sit on my hands, I promise... :Egyptian:

Latest posts