4 inch pulley anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I got one more of those questions we have been talking about.
If the stator is unplugged and therefore nothing is going into the regulator how will this burn out because nothing is supposed to feed into the output side of the regulator from the system right?
With that over now do I have to remove the seat to find the regulator?
Jerry

jerryinmich57":1lmzw3jq said:
Ok so I got one more of those questions we have been talking about.
If the stator is unplugged and therefore nothing is going into the regulator how will this burn out because nothing is supposed to feed into the output side of the regulator from the system right?
With that over now do I have to remove the seat to find the regulator?
Jerry

Leaving the stock regulator plugged in with the stator unplugged may not even hurt the regulator but better to unplug it and be sure.

So it's best to just unplug the unit, And And, leave all the other connections going to the solenoild alone as they are , Why ? because if your belt were to break or exterior Alt. were to fail, all you would have to do is plug in the RR plug and away you go...Pretty good is what I say..

I know this isn't about the 4" pulley but I have a question on the alt. plugin, here's a photo of the connector and I'd like to know what spade connector does what? left, top, right is how I would identify them...Sorry guy's but I'm a dumb bell..And I like doing things once..

Check out page 5 here https://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h8.pdf

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=217024

Here we go, this is better.

image.php

Thanks Dan I think I understand everything now...I was kinda walking around a little blind there because I wasn't sure..

countryboy843":hthv5x0z said:
ok thanks to some help in correcting my stupidity my bike is charging at 15 volts and everything is working great
..It's charging 15 volts? Or high 14 right? at idle or what? Or at what rpm's is it 15 volts? I hope it's not over 15 because that's too high and the battery will be ruined in no time..Should be under 15 volts in the highest rpm's you can get..never higher than that..What's it at when it's just idleing?

I havent been able to run long cause the radiator isnt on but its charging 15.1 volts idle and throttle but its also charging a dead battery , had to jump it off to start . It does have a built in regulator and im sure when the battery charges it will drop some current

countryboy843":35q5ziwt said:
I havent been able to run long cause the radiator isnt on but its charging 15.1 volts idle and throttle but its also charging a dead battery , had to jump it off to start . It does have a built in regulator and im sure when the battery charges it will drop some current

countryboy if it does not drop after running check the battery in your voltmeter.
I had (past tense) a cheap (I'm sorry less expensive) meter from radio shack and it would give a high reading when the battery in it gets low the only way I found out was I compared it with another meter because I did not believe the reading I was getting at the time.
Jerry

Dan, I have my alternator, I have my plugin for the alternator, I have my brackets, and I have my new crank bolts, all I need now is a pulley...what are you fella's using for a fuse connector..got a photo..?

littlebeaver":2lela25d said:
Dan, I have my alternator, I have my plugin for the alternator, I have my brackets, and I have my new crank bolts, all I need now is a pulley...

Countryboy, do you copy?

Oh don't get me wrong I can be patient...I just think guys are gonna bail on their orders is all.

i hear everything but im not going to rush and get anyone something that they are going to have problems with , i will make sure all the bugs are worked out before any get sold so yall dont have to deal with anything . ive already made three pullies to get my bike were it is now and i think im going to have to make another thats smaller to drop the charge rate . this leads me to my question ,,,,, theres some of yall out there that know alot more about the altenators than i do . do any of the three wires need to be plugged in for the regulator to work correct ????????

What??
No no! Your charge rate and voltage isn't because it's turning too fast!!

You either have something hooked up wrong or not hooked up.

Yes those 3 wires have to be hooked up to sense battery voltage to activate the regulator.

Post a picture of the plug.

countryboy843":kt0tr5cs said:
Theres a pic posted above with the same plug . Do I just plug a hot wire in from the system or what ?

Look at the picture posted earlier.

The IGN terminal needs to connect to switched ignition positive.
That would be a hot wire AFTER the switch that is not hot when the ignition switch is off.

The S terminal needs to connect to the battery.

countryboy843":otczbr29 said:
i hear everything but im not going to rush and get anyone something that they are going to have problems with , i will make sure all the bugs are worked out before any get sold so yall dont have to deal with anything . ive already made three pullies to get my bike were it is now and i think im going to have to make another thats smaller to drop the charge rate . this leads me to my question ,,,,, theres some of yall out there that know alot more about the altenators than i do . do any of the three wires need to be plugged in for the regulator to work correct ????????

Countryboy I agree with what Dan said (I think it was Dan) your voltage is not high becasue it is spinning too fast car alternators spin a lot faster then a bike with a 4 inch pulley.
Did you say you had a racing alt.?
I thought I read that in one of your post
That is what I have and it is a one wire alt. but still has a plug in but it is not used.
Do you know if it is a one wire or three wire?
Jerry

Do you have a website addy from where you bought it from?