4 inch pulley anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wilcoy02":ftz45kyo said:
finally found the firefly alternator.
14684N (1-1228-01ND-2)
replaces: DENSO 100211-141 , 100211-155 , 100211-407
Lester No 14684

These were the numbers I used to find the alternator with the foot bolted on.

Found on the net I paid $55.00 but also found them as high as $150.00

Now all I need to find is the plug to fit it.

plug no is pc-282

If anyone finds one please let me know.

https://www.dsusaltd.com/index.php?page= ... t&Itemid=2

https://store.alternatorparts.com/search ... ind=14684n

Hope this helps

The alternator i have is very similar to that one and takes the same round plug but I had it converted to a one wire output and voltage sensing which means it doesn't need anything connected there any longer.
The shop I had do it also put in new bearings, total I think was around $80.

To Don Poorboy, Sir I hope I didn't offend you asking about a kit for 1100's if I did I apologize, I have no clue how to do these silly conversions you dreamed up and I simply don't know any better...Don't you go and run off, we need your expert advice here...Go Auburn aaahhh :smilie_happy:

I was just out looking for something in my shed that I had promised to a member, found only half of what I was looking for but found a pulley that I didn't even know I had. I and as far as I knew three pulleies:- the one that came with my alt, the o2" that came with my PB kit and a 4" v-belt flat pulley that I think I got from a member @ Vic's. Lo & behold what do I find? A pulley nearly identical to Dan's less the cutout for the keyway. Also the face cutout is only 1 &3/8" instead of the 3" shown on Dan's drawing. Outside edge to outside edge is also only 3 & 7/8" D od. I have know idea how long I have had this or who I bout it from. Because back 4 -5 years ago I was going crazy buying stuff for Baby as I thought I had someone with a garage to help me do all the instal of the PB kit (he also had one) & install a bunch of bling but the offer fell thro. Here are som pics. Cheers Ange.

Attachments

• IMGP0205.JPG
    IMGP0205.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMGP0206.JPG
    IMGP0206.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMGP0208.JPG
    IMGP0208.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMGP0210.JPG
    IMGP0210.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 149
dan filipi":2lpgzxuo said:
It looks very similar, is it aluminum?
I think it is Dan but it does have some weight. I don't know for sure but I would say between 3 & 5 lbs. And the part tha goes into the crank puly is kind of rounded not ade perfectly square corners as yours. Did you make one like this about 4 years ago? Maybe I goyt it from you? :yahoo: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

dan filipi":18q5ivzg said:
No wasn't me.
I wonder where I got it??!!! the measurements are the same as yours except the od (1/8" smaller) & the center releif hole. Yours 3" mine 1&3/8". Oh well. Dan do you know if Don's original 2" pulley will fit an altenator? Thanks Ange.

Hey Rich, it looks like your joining the crowd...that's great...Hey you should post a new member post then a few more and you can view all the cool stuff on this site, I think you will need to post at least five post first though...Good to see you here man..

Fysty, perhaps that was a prototype. Looks like "ours" but depending on friction rather than the keyway to lock it to the timing pulley. It could simply be unfinished as cutting the keyway would be the last operation and one that requires specialized tooling. You could contact a machine shop about getting a keyway cut - if they don't have the tooling ask them if they can have it "EDM"ed.

MagnAndy":3g79r0sy said:
Fysty, perhaps that was a prototype. Looks like "ours" but depending on friction rather than the keyway to lock it to the timing pulley. It could simply be unfinished as cutting the keyway would be the last operation and one that requires specialized tooling. You could contact a machine shop about getting a keyway cut - if they don't have the tooling ask them if they can have it "EDM"ed.

Thanks Andy. Will give it a try. Ange. :thanks: :wave: :wave:

wilcoy02":2zo99xin said:
finally found the firefly alternator.
14684N (1-1228-01ND-2)
replaces: DENSO 100211-141 , 100211-155 , 100211-407
Lester No 14684

These were the numbers I used to find the alternator with the foot bolted on.

Found on the net I paid $55.00 but also found them as high as $150.00

Now all I need to find is the plug to fit it. Which I have found at the salavage yard.

plug no is pc-282

https://www.dsusaltd.com/index.php?page= ... t&Itemid=2

https://store.alternatorparts.com/search ... ind=14684n

Hope this helps

Attachments

• DSC00173.JPG
    DSC00173.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 87
dan filipi":2fj7u6i4 said:
I used to have a lot of respect for Don (Poorboy) but after reading his recommendation to cut one rib off a 4 rib belt to make it fit a 3 rib pulley I don't know what to think anymore.

We have sort of an unwritten policy here.
There are many ways to get the job done, everyone's opinions and ideas are welcome.
Mother Honda and no one else are "God" as far as a way to get the job done.

I myself have eaten my own words far too many times to close my mind to new and often better ways.
I am...A Goldwing God ....I was sent here to say that..I'm a goldwing God...Goldwing God. Yepper doodles :smilie_happy: What's up with these silly pullies, is Angela getting them cut or is your guy getting them cut, I have heard naaawwssing?..

littlebeaver":1boev35h said:
dan filipi":1boev35h said:
I used to have a lot of respect for Don (Poorboy) but after reading his recommendation to cut one rib off a 4 rib belt to make it fit a 3 rib pulley I don't know what to think anymore.

We have sort of an unwritten policy here.
There are many ways to get the job done, everyone's opinions and ideas are welcome.
Mother Honda and no one else are "God" as far as a way to get the job done.

I myself have eaten my own words far too many times to close my mind to new and often better ways.
I am...A Goldwing God ....I was sent here to say that..I'm a goldwing God...Goldwing God. Yepper doodles :smilie_happy: What's up with these silly pullies, is Angela getting them cut or is your guy getting them cut, I have heard naaawwssing?..
I'm not the one getting them made. I was just recruiting from the other forums of which you are also a member. :smilie_happy: I have turned the list over to Dan & I suggest you to read all the posts here to hear sumpin. :yahoo: :beg: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

littlebeaver":17qni1fl said:
Fysty-1 How's the recruiting going?

LB, I am not doing any more. It has gone as far as it is going to on the other forums. As I said Dan has the full list & he is going to contact those gents when the time is right. I went thro this frustration before when on Vic's site. I suggested a 12" crest for the back of a vest and there seemed to be a heck of a lot of interest, so Vic did some checking & found that a 12" would be too expensive but if we could get enough interest he would concider putting in an order for a 10". So I started a post as I did with the pullies. Vic set the post as a sticky & after a month there was only 10 confirmed interest so we cancceled but eventually Vic finally go a decent price and a few of us purchaced a 10" crest. So the pullies are now in Dan's hands and Countryboy. Cheers Ange. :yahoo: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

Latest posts