CGW Midwest MEET 2012 AUGUST

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking we could make this a dual meet maybe. If someone close can help find a U.S. side place. Open to all ideas. Bed and breakfast, cheap motels, backyard camping meet in a park. Maybe meeting with all the stateside participants and those going over the border on friday? Ideas? Anyone close that knows the area?

Here's the deal guys.
Chasrogers has a bike at joedrums place I've been planning to ride up and deliver to chas in Canada.
There are some registration issues that need to be sorted out before we can finalize plans for this ride.

Chas, we're waiting on ya bro!

Hi all,
I hope to make it up there. I can't remember when I have not had a passport or kept it up to date...the world is much too big and varied a place not to have the ability to explore it.
I do want to make the Flint Hills Sidecar rally that usually is around the 25th of August also.
I will have to see if I can pull it off....
If so, See you there...
Brian in NM

You'll be driving right past my house. I'll get my passport in order and ride along. Detroit is only an hour away. Probably be a good idea to meet up in Bowling Green to gas up. Its easier than doing it in Michigan and cheaper. Or wait and fill up in Monroe Michigan because its closer to the end destination.

Any news on the registration issues? :popcorn:

I would love to go but moma doesn't like to be left alone. After 43 years of living with her, I know how tough it is to change her mind but I'm working on it. If nothing else, I'll ride a ways with you guys. :music:

I would love to give this a shot. This looks a bit vague. Is this going to be a camping event? Is there host motels we need to book? Are coming back to the same place every night? What are the official dates. From when to when. I need to know exact dates so I can scedule vacation.

Major change in plans.

We're not going over into Canada and the name of this ride is changing to "CGW Midwest Meet".

I'll be flying to slabghost's place in Ohio then riding 2 up with him to joedrum's place. (Should be interesting).
Joe is working on slab's 1000 so from there I'll be on a bike which I will ride after the meet back to slab's place.

Now...... we all need to work out what we'll do once at Joe's.

Slab and I have been thinking we could detour from his place to meet up with other's along the route going West to Joe's as well we could ride up North a few hours from Joe's place to a final meet location.
Slab and I don't know the area so we need ideas.

I'm working on a map with pins and riders who have posted a yes and a maybe in the ride calendar.
This should make it easier to finalize plans.

When I went to Joe's I was coming down from Troy, Ohio and I went through Cincinnati, Louisville over I-64 and then up through the Hoosier National forrest up 37 to 145 and it was a beatiful ride! (and it was the fastest way to Joe's :smilie_happy: )

I am watching this with great interest,and am now more excited as canada was probably out this year for me also.I am much more interested in meeting the friends Ive made here,I dont really know any of the guys in canada.

Are we still thinking the same date?I wil need to make arangments at work.

Last weekend in august. Is the planned time so far. We have some time to plan yet so it isn't set in stone.

that would be a week or two after my ride to pinkerington, oh and more do-able then canada this year. i plan on getting an enhansed license some time this year so i can go visit relatives in hamalton, on next year though

Latest posts