Gas price, OUCH! ("Gas" thread merged with this one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toytender01":1krllnzn said:
The last time I filled the desal it cost $111.00and it still had 2 gallons in it. I try not to run it dry but i have been short a couple of times. :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :swoon: :sensored: :fiddle: :doh:

:shock: YIKES!! What size tank does it have? 38 gallons?

Right before I bought my 'Wing, sneezle fuel was $5.00/gal here...which is why I bought the bike. It was costing me $100/week just to fill the tank on the Mercedes sneezle I had at the time. Filling the 'Wing then only took $18, twice a week...it was a no-brainer. Until the weather calms down a bit around here, I'm drivin a Cad D-Evil, 20 gal tank @ $3.45/gal(as of yesterday)...c'mon spring/summertime!!! :beg: :beg: :beg:

I worked as a Diesel Mechanic at a truck stop garage for many years. I was there through the 70's and 80's .. and the only reasons why the trucker strikes didn't work then , is the same reasons they won't work now ... the average Owner Operator can't afford to stop long enough to make a difference . and the Union drivers ( if there are any left ) won't help , because they are afraid they'll loose they're job. It would take all of them ...or at least ( Most ) to make any difference , and they Just Can't Afford to let the truck sit. . . . . as for the price of Gas , they pretty much set it when and what they want . we was camping in Manchester Tn. in the fall of 2009 when some storm was in the Gulf , and the gas went to $4.99 for regular here and this happened before the storm ever even hit . they was saying it was because of all the damage...... What Damage. around here there was talk about Price Gouging but..I never heard anymore about that. they know the American people will buy it , no matter what the price ... . .maybe not as Much , and Only what we Have to Have to get to and from work... it will take some Hard Choices to help this problem. .... and I don't pretend to know how to do it. :fiddle:

$3.71 for regular here Saturday. $40 to fill the Geo. :head bang: :crying:
My daughter drives this car to school and work and it seldom sees more than $2 worth of gas at a time. I had to go see my dad 125 miles away, so I had to fill up before I left, then I filled up again when I got home.
Nothing like working to pay rent and buy gas. :fiddle:

I'll bet you could buy a really nice house here for what you are now paying in rent. And probably pay it off in ten years.

slabghost":3cdlma66 said:
I'll bet you could buy a really nice house here for what you are now paying in rent. And probably pay it off in ten years.

Sorry, can't afford to move. :)

I'm spoiled. We have short periods here where it might just dip into freezeing over night. Two weeks of rain is a big deal for us.
Funny, I had a guy in eastern Ohio offer to fly my wife and me out to his place for a weekend job interview. But I figured I'd be doing the same thing I'm doing here, except there I'd be doing in in 0 degree wether.

I can understand that. Our weather here isn't all that appealing for several months a year. I'd rather be where it doesn't get so cold but my place is paid for and at least I work indoors. To each his own.

BigAndrew":12jzdfek said:
toytender01":12jzdfek said:
The last time I filled the desal it cost $111.00and it still had 2 gallons in it. I try not to run it dry but i have been short a couple of times. :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :swoon: :sensored: :fiddle: :doh:

:shock: YIKES!! What size tank does it have? 38 gallons?
The wife just added $10.00 at 3.99 per ...It holds 34 gal usually takes about 32 on a fill up...A usualy run it prety low....have to get out of that habbit though...wife gets upset at any thing below 1/4... because the water pump is out in the wagon, so she has to drive the truck.

I try to keep my vehicles all above a half tank. It hurts a little less to fill them that way. :salute:

slabghost":3vgxm8dm said:
I try to keep my vehicles all above a half tank. It hurts a little less to fill them that way. :salute:

I do the same thing!

It feels like I'm spending less too :roll:

5.gif
$3.57 gal for Premium this evening in my work Cad.... :sensored:
Too dang cold in the mornings to 'Wing it....I may have to get some more thermals, and just suck it up... :rant:

$3.27 for regular here. I just took a leap and traded in my car. Old faithful was a 2000 Ford Taurus wagon that has served us well! Just over 150k on it and was needing some dollars dumped in.....all 4 tires were done, front wheel bearings, both ball joints, brakes, rotors, A/C compressor seals leaking (No A/C), front main seal leaking oil, due for plugs and wires, front and side damage (My girls like bouncing off of things!) all in all, about $4000 worth of work. The car was getting about 20 MPG around town and up to 24 on the highway.

I got a card in the mail from Ford that included a $1000 cash voucher. I looked at a lot of vehicles and finally chose a new Ford Focus. Ford is offering $3000 rebate on 2011 Focus, $500 for my poor old wagan plus the $1000 cash voucher. Thursday, I will be the proud owner of a new Ford Focus. It is advertised as getting 25 MPG in the city, 35 MPG on the highway and should average 29 MPG overall. That almost competes with my Wing!