Gas price, OUCH! ("Gas" thread merged with this one)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Focus(or any other Ferd)....it's job security for me! :mrgreen:

slabghost":3jxh80vc said:
Time to build a still and run the vehicles on alcohol! :smilie_happy:
If I build a still, it ain't gonna be for my bike. :smilie_happy:

AApple":1g4me1pw said:
Now thats encouraging Joel! I don't know if I should be happy because I have a new car, or that the car will keep so many Americans working to keep it running! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

(Always glad to support American jobs! :grin: )

Just kidding of course! I have had quite a few Fords over the years and it has been a real seesaw. My Taurus wagon was a 2000 and up until recently, it ran flawlessly! Had a used 95 Windstar that went through 3 engines because of blown head gaskets (keep throwing the piston through the side..good thing I get the extended warranty! I didn't pay for any of them) My wife has a 2002 Taurus sedan that has a mind of it's own, but has never left us stuck. Weak front ends and brake rotors keep warping.

My son just bought an '01 Focus with a blown motor for $200. He found another motor on the internet for $600 delivered to our front door. Gaskets, Belt, and some misc. items and he's got just about $1200 into it smogged, insured and registered.
He wants to sell it and start over with something else. Too bad. Looks like a decent transportation car.
CRW_0007a.jpg
CRW_0010a.jpg
CRW_0017a.jpg

He's 15 years old. I did supervise the labor, but it was all his own money and motivation.

mcgovern61":zqowmbh7 said:
AApple":zqowmbh7 said:
Now thats encouraging Joel! I don't know if I should be happy because I have a new car, or that the car will keep so many Americans working to keep it running! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

(Always glad to support American jobs! :grin: )

Just kidding of course! I have had quite a few Fords over the years and it has been a real seesaw. My Taurus wagon was a 2000 and up until recently, it ran flawlessly! Had a used 95 Windstar that went through 3 engines because of blown head gaskets (keep throwing the piston through the side..good thing I get the extended warranty! I didn't pay for any of them) My wife has a 2002 Taurus sedan that has a mind of it's own, but has never left us stuck. Weak front ends and brake rotors keep warping.

:smilie_happy:
Naw...a new one should be good for a while. :good:
We see a ton of these things, and 90% of the problems are wiring/electrical related. The terminals they use on the wiring harnesses aren't very hearty, and corrode fairly easily. One of Ford's better ideas was to place the battery directly over the connector for the transmission. The trans connector is crap to start with, so we'll add some battery acid on top of it, and see how long it lasts until the terminals turn to dust, and the connector falls off. In the meantime, the owner will continue to drive it with a trans that's not working properly due to the electrical malfunction, which eventually damages it....like I said...job security for me! :music:

They do get pretty good fuel mileage, tho. :yes:

scdmarx":2k7e6js0 said:
My son just bought an '01 Focus with a blown motor for $200. He found another motor on the internet for $600 delivered to our front door. Gaskets, Belt, and some misc. items and he's got just about $1200 into it smogged, insured and registered.
He wants to sell it and start over with something else. Too bad. Looks like a decent transportation car.
View attachment 2View attachment 1
He's 15 years old. I did supervise the labor, but it was all his own money and motivation.
I'll give ya $2000 for it delivered to NC :grin:

I have Built , Bought, Sold , and Traded several Street Rods over the last 40 + years ... there was a time when a Ford with a 428 CJ was really Hot , and you could about set your price..... but now, most people say...... instead of what will it turn in a 1/4 , it's .Ahhhhhh whats the MPG ??? :smilie_happy:

sledge":h9dq0vh9 said:
I have Built , Bought, Sold , and Traded several Street Rods over the last 40 + years ... there was a time when a Ford with a 428 CJ was really Hot , and you could about set your price..... but now, most people say...... instead of what will it turn in a 1/4 , it's .Ahhhhhh whats the MPG ??? :smilie_happy:

Got any pics?

detdrbuzzard":1z7smo9v said:
dan filipi":1z7smo9v said:
$3.75 here today.
Any chance to get into a gas saver do it now!
i did one better i started preping my other touring rig
DSCN0483%20(600%20x%20450).jpg
Nice bike. I plan on getting mine out next week. It is about time to start commuting by bike. It is like giving myself a raise. Now, which one should I choose?