Good to be Home???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
I haven't been posting for a while as we were busy returning to Oz on Monday. Managed to drop the Rats Nest off at the shipping company for a slow boat to Oz once I have the documentation sorted out here in Brisbane. Good flight home with Virgin Australia ( as good as 14 hours can be in a tin can) and was presently surprised to see that Spring had sprung and the weather was excellent. After some shuffling around with the daughters car to drop her off and then back to the airport to pickup Ruth and our luggage, we were on the final stretch to home. We find the 32 acre block next door has been stripped of foliage leaving the front section of our driveway exposed. Our farm gate is not the way Ruth left it so we assumed it must of been the surveyors due to the new pegs. We reached the top of the driveway to see the roller door all the way up on the carport shed and the garage door partially open. We had been ROBBED and the house was a mess with doors left open and a broken security screen and rear sliding door. We were both in shock and didn't even realise that we had parked in the carport where our 2 cars were left. So the last 2 days have been a blur of trying to deal with Police, Insurance and phone companies. Unfortunately I had way more than my fair share of tools ( 3 of everything I used regularly ( bought frugally)) and they are all gone. We were able to narrow it down to the 5th when construction was in full swing. Once we are settled I will try and post about my great ride and holiday in the US which unfortunately will be linked to this other Once in a Lifetime ( lets hope) memory. Ruth at this stage just wants to sell up and move, so hopefully this will change but if not we will just make do. The CBRs are all here and I am hoping that I can find some tools to head to work soon( lots to clean up first). Moral of the story is don't leave your keys in the same location as your vehicles if you are leaving them unattended. I guess the moat ( dreaded driveway) wasn't successful in repulsing raiders this time. :rant: :head bang:

Oh man, there just ain't nothing right about that kind of goings on, like I been saying for awhile now, Can't have a damn thing what somebody ain't conniving on how to steal it from you. Tony, sorry for your losses and all the crap you have to go thru now, hope they catch the dirty rotten scoundrels.

Tony, that's just not right! I'm broken-hearted for you both! OK karma, do your magic!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!! :evil: :crying: :head bang: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :rant:

Geesh that really is a terrible thing to come home to , my heart sank when I got to that part. I hope things get back to normal for you soon, and better yet maybe they can catch the thiefs.

Oh man, sorry to hear Tony!

It's scum that steals from others, especially tools so he can work.

If it helps soothe your pain any, it was an honor and a pleasure to meet both of you and your daughter.
You felt like family leaving, it was sad for me to see you go.

I hope the insurance company covers at least most of it and the police catch the scum bags!

How very saddening.

When I was young, a minority mechanic set up shop in my home town. It wasn't popular among the other mechanics, as there really wasn't enough work to go around, but no one begrudged him a chance to support his family. His shop was broken in to one weekend, and all of his tools stolen. By the end of that week however, he once again had a fully equipped shop. The town's mechanics had each donated tools from their own boxes to refill his. Let the other wrench-benders in your area know, and give them a chance to do a good deed!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

So sorry to hear of your loss. Makes me sick to read of it. Animals like that need a big bunch of karma sent their way.

:rant: :sensored: :sensored: :sensored: :rant:
I'd have to be looking REAL HARD at the construction guys....they apparently knew no-one was home...

Glad you made it home safely, anyway, and hope you can get things sorted out, and get things sorta back to normal quickly. :yes:

I'm sorry for your misfortune. I had two more homes besides this one I live in all fully furnished and set up with tools and yard equipment. Too long between visits and both were robbed and stripped of copper and destroyed. One got condemned and torn down because the damage was so severe. It does make it hard to believe in the good of others.

What is all this "Karma" crap? What those A-holes need is a big can of "Whoop-Ass" headed their way! There was a time when a good Aussie knew how to deliver one! Well, at least the Aussies have awakened sooner than we have....they just kicked their dim-witted liberal PM out the door and installed a conservative one! Maybe Y'all will be able to own firearms again. That's a start......

Well, that, or you should just get yourself a "Donk"! :smilie_happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufDTDUPZrag

Great suggestion about a " Donk" BoBo and you are right about the "Karma" it just isn't as reliable as gunpowder and lead. You won't beleive it after being out this morning we came home to find our locked gate with a section cut out of a chain link. I think the construction guys must of scared them off because they did not come into the property again. You can imagine how distraught Ruth was at the concept of what little was left being stolen ( she forgot to put on her everyday jewellery and left it at home) and I had found some old tools in my shed and they hadn't taken all my HVAC equipment yet. Our young Norwegian friend ( Tord) stayed guard in the driveway with instructions to ram however came through our gate in our 96 Subaru Outback that he is using while we went for some new locks and a high tensile wire rope to put on the gate as well. I found a Bosch cordless drill that I had put away in the back of the shed and I Tek screwed the roller doors in place and a couple through the side door for good measure. Pretty fired up atm and open to all illegal suggestions almost to the extent of a black market glock and a few Red Bulls ( i am very weary ) and some point duty in the scrub. We are almost paranoid to leave the place unattended....
When in the shed today I noticed my angle grinder with the cutoff wheel installed as they were trying to separate my tool boxes ( 1/4" by 2" flat stap bolting the roll cab and 2 top boxes together), luckily I had isolated the power to the shed so they had to do it the hard way and probably saved my other tools. Tomorrow is another day :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95971#p95971:1gn7l9zl said:
slabghost » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:19 pm[/url]":1gn7l9zl]
I'm sorry for your misfortune. I had two more homes besides this one I live in all fully furnished and set up with tools and yard equipment. Too long between visits and both were robbed and stripped of copper and destroyed. One got condemned and torn down because the damage was so severe. It does make it hard to believe in the good of others.

Sorry to hear your tale of woe Slab. I couldn't imagine having the house destroyed for the recovery of copper scrap. I am thankful that because of the bounty they didn't damage hardly anything. I was also surprised that they left the boxes/ packaging from most items until you realise that to get new items you need proof and boxes and owners manuals count. So when they return after our payout they get to steal all new items!!!

sheesh tony I hope ruth just remembers the good time on vacation ... time to get tough and show that your are totally capable to handle this crap in a big way .... keep the under handed fools of humanity finest off your mind ... you be surprised how fools take care of themselves it aint karma ... nothing negative no matter how it figured comes out positive ....

gosh , what a story . sorry to hear this .... but , everything will work out . I know its hard , but , don't worry about things you can't Change. :laptop: