Hooch breaks a belt...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics
image.php

Got the head gasket ...quick delivery...sabrecycle ...if it’s the right gasket I’m good ... :BigGrin:

Lol well I am going to put head gasket on today ...I’m still short one new belt ..be no burn outs or anything like that ....may use the new to me cams and carriers ...they seem so fresh .. :builder:

Seems all things regarding head gasket are fine ...motor running good firing on all cylinders ...still need new belt ..and need to to do some brake work ...along with other things ...motor was nice and quiet ....

So now I have one new cam and one old cam hooch had ...going to cut off fuel pump drive ..screw the tack drive I’m thinking ...need one of those 1100 caps to cover the spot ...I’m relieved things are looking good ....so far

The 1100 chrome caps on the rear of the left head will not go on the rear of the right head. The bolt patterns are different from front to rear...I believe. Make sure you can seal it before you start cutting the right cam. I'm kinda surprised you want to eliminate your tach. :shock:

Congrats on getting hooch running again! And...get those belts covered! :good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211439#p211439:3506egtw said:
Steve83 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:02 pm[/url]":3506egtw]
The 1100 chrome caps on the rear of the left head will not go on the rear of the right head. The bolt patterns are different from front to rear...I believe. Make sure you can seal it before you start cutting the right cam. I'm kinda surprised you want to eliminate your tach. :shock:

Congrats on getting hooch running again! And...get those belts covered! :good:
:yes: :heat:

Ok witch is it ..are the heads the same part number and the same or not ...I do have 1200 cam seal caps so the cam is completely covered ... the heads are 1100 heads ...as far as tack goes it’s not a must have gauge ...lm still thinking about it ...but the C5 has a tach drive wire I’m almost sure for electric tach if I want one ...with the fact I’m using a electric fuel pump I don’t like slinging extra weight around for no reason ...more foot space ...who knows I’ve got other things to do on the bike and will put this off till I get a belt ....

Hmmm this is true ...so if this is true then ..you could mount fuel pump to the front of left head and a ignition could bolt up to the front of right head I’ll check the bolt pattern...as stated end cap cam seals will not leave cam exposed ...

That does appear to be exactly right ...heads are the same and bolt pattern is different on timing cover backing plates ..mystery solve Lol... :BigGrin:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211448#p211448:y2chqjhb said:
Rednaxs60 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:02 am[/url]":y2chqjhb]
Joe - did you have to modify the head gasket to fit?

No I didn’t first time I’ve ever bought a after market head gasket and it was made right ...barracuda Sabre cycle brand ...seems it was right at 32$ shipping and all .package well ...

Just put it on ...used no o rings on oil orfice ..bolted it on ...no torque wrench... :headscratch: :rtfm: I don’t follow instructions well :hihihi:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211454#p211454:1bp8n2gf said:
joedrum » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:38 am[/url]...I don’t follow instructions well :hihihi:

Hmm. Seems like that’s what led to this situation in the first place! We all know how important belts are - you as much is anybody! Guess it’ll work out for the best in the end.

I’ve done it many times ...flip flop ..I was a farmer and many other things that required smart hands ...i also got the best education I could get from a man who taught me not how to do a certain thing ...but how to to do anything I want to ...he was either going to kill me or I was going to master his methods lol ..it dam near killed me ....nothing like smart hands

Ok got some belts on order ...got four gates belts on a deal at Amazon ...657 apiece ..anything over 25 $ is free shipping ..so for 28$ I got 4 belts ....happy about that ...should be here around 2 to the 6 aug.

Need to change brake fluids on the bike .....gee I hate that work ..but needs to be done :mrgreen:

Hey Darrel ..I’ve got a mod for you ...if you still have those weber carbs ...take one ..center mount it on your 79 ...like the hooch bike is ..I bet that would size it right ...probably make that 79 scream I’m thinking