Hooch breaks a belt...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the 1000 manual, the ratchet teeth wheel is bolted to the end of the crankshaft, and the pinion teeth are in the rear cover. These parts were replaced by the ignition pickup coils and timing advance unit on the 1100. I'm not saying it's not doable, but you would need to figure out another ignition system, maybe a 1000 head-mounted system if you want a kick starter on an 1100.

Could be a fun project!

I was just hoping a new puzzle to mull over would keep Joe from breaking another belt, bending valves, etc, lol!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211794#p211794:3k7gcnea said:
GTC@MSAC » 10 minutes ago[/url]":3k7gcnea]
I was just hoping a new puzzle to mull over would keep Joe from breaking another belt, bending valves, etc, lol!

How will we learn how to hack a working Goldwing engine from GL1000, 1100, and 1200 parts if Joe doesn't break things?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211796#p211796:1fpsgl3m said:
saganaga » 07 Aug 2019, 23:48[/url]":1fpsgl3m]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211794#p211794:1fpsgl3m said:
GTC@MSAC » 10 minutes ago[/url]":1fpsgl3m]

How will we learn how to hack a working Goldwing engine from GL1000, 1100, and 1200 parts if Joe doesn't break things?

I guess we will just have to work harder at breaking our own bikes. :rant: Or you could come get a trailer-full of my "stuff" and make a "hooch" of your own :builder:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=211781#p211781:1ragf4g6 said:
mcgovern61 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 pm[/url]":1ragf4g6]
:0fftopic: All right, back on topic unless we want to start a new thread on the GL1000 kick start on a GL1100.

Now now Gerry...parts mixing should be the title of all my threads ...I’ve been letting my hands heal up before I can work on my bike more ....this is great stuff being talked about ..... :BigGrin:

Ok got a front master cylinder coming ...a rather cheap China one ...most seem to think smaller master piston makes better brake feel ...this may be true I’m not sure ..but I went bigger ..I couldn’t get past bigger means more fluid to calipers and less lever pull ...my hands are strong if it needs more effort ...anyway that’s how I went ..we will see what happens..need front tire also ...going to use a rear tire of front ..but I don’t think I’ll mount it backwards like most do ...will be looking at tires on the net ...

If you don't have linked braking Joe, and I can't believe I'm saying this to you, because I can't believe for a minute that, you would!

You need at least 13.8mm diameter on the front brake master cylinder piston.

Joe, I like the bigger one also. We have plenty of braking power up front with the dual disks, but moving more fluid lets us use it faster when needed, and reduces over-braking a bit.

I've bought a few of the cheap Chinese MCs, and have found that every one requires disassembly, cleaning, and proper assembly lubed with brake fluid. Luckily, many of them even come with a rebuild kit.

For me with single pot calipers the smaller cbr cylinder provides more pressure and increased braking performance

My Blackbird has Linked brakes and they are "ok" when working correctly and a PITA when they go wrong, only know this because this is my second Blackbird. My SilverWing recieved a CBR1000 master cylinder. Although I think (I can't remember) that it only had single disk on the front.

Yes tony that’s seems to be the prevailing way of thinking ...can’t wait to get mine and try it ...I’m looking for instant lever and feel ...for sure the single pot has the biggest piston to push and the smallest pads to rotor ..my lines are I’m sure originals ..I’m not really a big believer in bad lines causing squishy feel ..I more believe huge piston and small master as I think stock is ..is more mis match parts taking a toll on master ...causing leak by that never leaks to be seen ..but this is only opinion ...I have gotten good brakes and in then go squishy feeling and more lever ..this kind of eliminates brake lines to me ...we will see how it goes

Pic
image.php

Wow it is small in fluid capacity ...we will see how it works ...has forward hose attachment instead of side like original ...pass those differences it seems well made

I've heard for the squishy feeling, it's not so much necessarily bad lines, as it is just rubber lines expanding, even when new, and the braided steel lines not expanding.

IDK. Kinda makes sense to me.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212028#p212028:3ozvskey said:
saganaga » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 pm[/url]":3ozvskey]
I've heard for the squishy feeling, it's not so much necessarily bad lines, as it is just rubber lines expanding, even when new, and the braided steel lines not expanding.

IDK. Kinda makes sense to me.

All I’m saying is ...with this bike ..it’s seems like there’s something else going on ..but I may be wrong ...but I think the master is giving up and not providing what it’s capable of ...