Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Goldwing GL1000 GL1100 CB1000C
Hello all. I have begun the restoration, revival of a few GL1000's I had purchased several years ago. Unfortunately cancer became my focus before any work on the bikes could begin. Now I am back to working on my project bikes. As having sat for too long, I will need to focus on all the popular points involved with getting the gummed up, rusted and seized components back to a workable state. I have firstly gone to youtube for my education. But now my goto is this forum, and the content that is so helpful. Thank Ian
P.S. Any suggestion on how/where I can purchase a copy of the parts listing for the early goldwings. I need the rubber seal under the fuel tank sender and even something that simple requires alot of searching, where if I had the actual diagram I could acquire the actual part number and simplify my search. Probably not the right place to inquire but tacking unto my greetings just in case. Cheers Ian

Welcome to The Forum and enjoy! Best of luck on the project. Sometimes I use partzilla for finding out part numbers, but they don't have all the parts listed....the ones Dan linked to have all the part numbers.

I checked out the link in the reply from Dan Filipi(thank you) and it will serve me well. I don't need alot of parts for the moment so I have time to prep for as soon as the weather turns warm. IF it ever does...friggin cold in Eskimo land Toronto Ontario.

Hello all. I have begun the restoration, revival of a few GL1000's I had purchased several years ago. Unfortunately cancer became my focus before any work on the bikes could begin. Now I am back to working on my project bikes. As having sat for too long, I will need to focus on all the popular points involved with getting the gummed up, rusted and seized components back to a workable state. I have firstly gone to youtube for my education. But now my goto is this forum, and the content that is so helpful. Thank Ian
P.S. Any suggestion on how/where I can purchase a copy of the parts listing for the early goldwings. I need the rubber seal under the fuel tank sender and even something that simple requires alot of searching, where if I had the actual diagram I could acquire the actual part number and simplify my search. Probably not the right place to inquire but tacking unto my greetings just in case. Cheers Ian
Look up a company called CMSNL and look up your particular bike. They have parts diagrams for everything on the bike and will give you part numbers. They also have quite a few hard to find parts.

Hi Ian Alex, I am in Markham, I think I can help you if you are close, as I have brought 3 of these units back to running condition.
Call nine-o five-four seven 1 nine 7 six 2, if you would like to get in touch.

Latest posts