Single Carb Conversion 2 Barrel Progressive Holley,Weber 740 carb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardest one is done.
That offset angle is tough to do.

image.php

Jungo,

I sent a E-mail to Tom at Landons Stovebolt, in regards to the adapter,

Tom said To send him a actual size picture of the gasket for the single barrel carb.

You can probably do a attachment in a e-mail to him.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96110#p96110:1u1w9g6i said:
Jungo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 am[/url]":1u1w9g6i]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96093#p96093:1u1w9g6i said:
westgl » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:29 am[/url]":1u1w9g6i]
Here is a adapter, $15.00 + shipping

1.5" tall adapter, using a shorter air filter may work, but you will need to verify

This will fit the VW manifold, I dont know if it will work for your carb.

If they could e-mail you a dimensional drawing of the single carb. mount for this or any Adapter that you choose, then you can check it against your carb.

Call them to find out

Please verify that it will work for you.
Companies description of part below and a link to their site.

Adapter 1 BBL to 2 BBL Fits Carter / Weber and Weber 32/36

(1.8" tall) For use with the Carter/Weber Progressive 2 BBL Carb or Weber 32/36 carbs we sell or the Holley/Weber Progressive 2 BBL carb we no longer sell.

(We need to know what carb you will be using so we include the correct gaskets and bolts.) (Note: This does NOT fit Rochester carbs)

LINK

https://stoveboltengineco.com/catalog/st ... id=1222023

==========================================

Thank you so much for share West. :eek:k: For $15 I can take the risk. I'll send an email with my carb specs. Again, thanks.

spray a little starting fluid in there and listen to it, or a plastic container with some gas and a hose to the carb, for a quickie

just get some excitement going

I want a quickie

I am going nuts here I am frustrated.

I want success

dang just noticed your water line to the head is off, that is all it will be is a quickie

Ready to bolt on my runner.

image.php

I know its ugly :mrgreen:
At least I could have put all the clamps inline, right?

I'm leaving the full length pvc in place for now.
I just want to get it running.
I saw some spa hose and clear poly tubing at home depot for revision b.

Each little thing we try and post pics of gives the next guy an idea.

I found out with a heat gun it's much easier to shape those offsets.
I think this will help when trying poly tubing later.

I've got to set up the carb with plugs and such and mod the bolt down to the manifold yet.
I'm burnt and have work tomorrow so I'm done for tonight.

Great Progress

One mans Ugly is another mans Beauty, besides this is the test phase, a protype, this is before rev.1 even exists, and is just the proving ground.

I am sure some of Honda's prototypes were not to pretty

The silicone Hoses i have on mine when i bought them guy that sold them to me said dip them into some boiling water with some tongs.

He said that would soften up the hoses, but i just muscled them on.

Dan,

I mentioned this before, but depending on where you are going to do your throttle pull from,

The fuel inlet i used was a 90 degree 1/8" pipe w/ 1/4" fuel line.

That fuel inlet pipe nipple is close to the frame on my left side of frame pictured while riding.

You may have to do a little adjustment depending on how close you are to the frame, loosen clamps adjust all to the right.

To gain some spacing, I have 3/16" clearance, plus My VW manifold is mounted solid/heated with my bracket.

Some heat even on warm California days is good per, TOM he wanted me to emphasize to heat the manifold, and you will be much happier with this carb.

A way to do a test is to slice off a small peice of the hose and put in a small jar with gas in and seal it. If in two days if its mush then it will not work long as a runner.

Dan, your cobbled up setup looks like something Steven Spielberg thought up for a movie. :smilie_happy: Not saying its bad, just saying.....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96460#p96460:ebys8eye said:
Dave_J » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:22 pm[/url]":ebys8eye]
A way to do a test is to slice off a small peice of the hose and put in a small jar with gas in and seal it. If in two days if its mush then it will not work long as a runner.

Dan, your cobbled up setup looks like something Steven Spielberg thought up for a movie. :smilie_happy: Not saying its bad, just saying.....
Awe gees, imma tryin da best I kin :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96436#p96436:1ypkoz70 said:
westgl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 pm[/url]":1ypkoz70]
Jungo,

I sent a E-mail to Tom at Landons Stovebolt, in regards to the adapter,

Tom said To send him a actual size picture of the gasket for the single barrel carb.

West, thank you very much for your desire to help me and help others. :good: I thank you that you've communicated with Tom. I personally placed an order last Saturday for the adapter, since I have no problem with risking the $ 15, but at this moment I have not received a response from them. I just received a confirmation from the system automatically. (Order 2470) I'll be happy to get the information to Tom. Thanks again for your help. :eek:k:

Took a shower, having a beer.
Feel a little better now.

My plan here is if she starts, idles and accelerates then I'll work on the throttle cable and go for a ride.
Of course I bet there will be some other adjustments to make but after that, and I'm happy with how it runs, not too rich and not too lean provided I have no vacuum leaks, I'll pull it and work on revision b tubes.

West if you could post some detailed closeups of the hose and clamps your using that would sure help. Those 2 offset bends are the hardest to get right.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96436#p96436:19h4w75x said:
westgl » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:43 pm[/url]":19h4w75x]

I sent the following picture of the gasket:

Dan,

Mine is Rev.1, currently proven for over a week of riding, more than 350 miles tallied.

I am working on Rev2. Manifold runners, if it works out I will post Rev.2 how to,

If not, then i will chalk it up to a failed attempt. Edison had many failed attempts

yes im working on some new stuff as this is a for sure now deal ...personally ive got about nothing in the manifold runner hook up ...now that everything is proven out im ready to go permanent build build mode as it is worthy now .... as ive said before this is as big as c5 is to me ....

Ok, so for those that have had these on for a few tankful’s now, have you begun to look at gas mileage yet? Just wondering if it is improving with a single carb or not. My thought is that it should, but one never knows until it happens.

Latest posts