Stella and her new alt. up on the table (of sorts) wish us luck

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did something similar with my fan as picture ( borrowed this pic from internet) my pully is 3.75" and i used 1.25 spacer for rad bottom. there's about a 1/2 " space to remove belt without removing rad, the only downfall is the lower rad hose

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 126
Stella is off the table and on the road again. :music:
I left the lower left faring off so I could see everything for a while.
At 55mph running 2600 rpm with the lights on and stero blasting country music she shows 14.2 volts :yahoo:
And at idle again lights and radio on it is at 12.35 volts way better than the old stator (because it was shorted) :smilie_happy:
Jerry

ddrichard":2jwwqn6i said:
congrats , keep on riding- was the conversion as bad as you thought it was going to be?

No I guess not but there was a couple of times I questioned myself if I was doing the right thing or not.
But I guess that always happens when you try something the first time alone, I was glad for this forum and the support it offered. :thanks:
But all in all if it all holds up I will glad in the long run.
Jerry

Congrats on getting the project up and running on da road again!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Sure wish I had the time, energy, and parts to do this conversion. I guess mine will have to wait until it is absolutely necessary...

i remember when all blab was 1100s couldnt be done ....shows what b lab is worth...great going ...people like me when there told you cant ....thats like garunteeing your going to eat your words

jerryinmich57":2lc7bk31 said:
ddrichard":2lc7bk31 said:
is there still room to remove belt if need be?

Good question you know I never thought of that just wanted to make sure everything cleared I will look tonight.
Jerry

Ok so when Stella and I got home from work I looked and I think I would have to loosen the raditor to get a new belt on BUT
I am pretty sure if the old belt breaks I can get it off. But if does not break the loop I will have to use my knife :smilie_happy:

Ok it looks like we have a little setback, It seems my alt. is not lined up perfectly someone pointed it out to me I said "so what"it still goes around what's your point?. :music3:
So anyway I took a strightedge and checked and sure enough it is about 1/2 inch back.
I guess I was in a hurry :moped: and not standing up straight when she was on the table and I looked at it.
So it still goes around and charges and I know this weather won't hold much longer so as soon as winter comes back for a couple of days I will make a new lower bracket and take care of it.

Thanks for asking, She is better today I put a couple of washers behind the mount to space it forward and it is just a little bit out of line now not enough to hurt anything.
I am still leaving the lower farings off for a little while to watch it and see how it goes but so far so good. :good:
Jerry

Well good news, I took Stella out today for about 50 miles with several stops.
Everytime we stopped she spun right back up no hesitation always charging 14+ volts with lights and tunes.
So later this week she gets new oil and filter and will be ready for riding this year.
Jerry

Latest posts